Review of Britannia deck 5 (Landing-Lobby-Spa)
- Oasis Spa complex (Thermal Suite, Thalassotherapy pool, Steam Rooms, 16 Treatment Rooms, Beauty Salon). As part of the Oasis Spa wellness center, there is a private villa available for renting by couples or groups. Named “Oasis Villa”, this is a private space where couples or groups can enjoy their own whirlpool and personal spa therapist for a variety of treatments and massages. Spa treatment options are also expanded. Spa treatments start from GBP 36 for a 25-minute back, neck & shoulder massage and go up to GBP125 for a stone massage for 75 minutes. There is also a “Spa Shop” (first on P&O ship) selling luxury skincare and haircare products from deluxe cosmetics brands, such as Elemis, La Therapie, Sebastian, Phyto. The Beauty Salon makes its own “first on P&O ships” debut with its blowout menu (including hairstyling, blow-dry and make-up).
- “Explorers” Shore Excursions Desk (booking, information, planning)
- “The Limelight Club” is a supper club / specialty dining venue (at surcharge GBP22 PP). This restaurant offers live performances, and the dinner menu features 3-course meals. There is just one dinner seating per night, at 7:30 p.m. The menu changes every time the act does (usually 4 times per cruise). Dinner includes an appetizer of pate or salad, mains poached fillet of haddock or loin of lamb with pulled lamb hot pot, followed by a desserts' trio (sorbet, meringue, cheesecake). Reservations are required.
- Reception / Guest Services Desk (information, assistance, bookings and reservations.
- Britannia Atrium – this 3-decks high midship area features 4 panoramic lifts, a grand spiral staircase and the impressive intricate design “Starburst” multiple mirrors chandelier sculpture. The Atrium also has a boutique shopping alley (the P&O line’s largest, ~ 1/5 larger than on Azura and Ventura ships) with several brand shops for fashion clothing, leather, handbags, designer jewelry, watches, cosmetics and perfumes, etc.
- The Art Gallery features an extensive Art collection that is worth in excess of GBP 1 million displayed throughout the cruise ship.
- Market Cafe (charcuterie, gelateria, patisserie by pastry chef Eric Lanlard, open 7:30 am-9 pm) A taster plate starts at GBP 1.95 while a sharing board is GBP 10.95 and cakes start at GBP 2.95. Excellent coffee is also offered.
- Blue Bar (piano bar, live performances by resident pianist, open 10:00 a.m. to late)
- Meridian Restaurant (aft Dining Room for complimentary open-seating Breakfast 7:30-9am, Lunch 12-1:45pm/3-course menu, Afternoon Tea 4-4:45pm, club dinner dining with 2 fixed seatings- at 6:30pm or 8:30pm/4-course menu). The 5-course menu varies, with ingredients sustainably sourced from the United Kingdom. Starters might include pate from Ardennes, Welsh rarebit or Scottish smoked salmon, followed by a soup and a choice of 4 main courses, including a vegetarian option. Mains usually include Hampshire lamb, Gressingham duck or Scottish trout. Ice creams reflect UK heritage, and guests might find classics like sherry trifle or Purbeck Dorset, followed by cheeseboard. A daily special is also offered, often reflecting the port stop. The menu also always includes 'Classic Favourites' like Caesar salad, tomato soup or prawn cocktail. Classic mains are chicken breast, fillet of salmon and sirloin steak. Marco Pierre White created a number of dishes to feature on the Gala menus in ship's main restaurants. Also featured is champagne afternoon tea by Eric Lanlard.
- On Tender Deck 4 below, Passenger Tender Embarkation/Disembarkation areas are used when the ship visits a tendering cruise port along the itinerary, where passengers can be offloaded (and loaded back on) only via tender boats.
During the ship's 2019 refurbishment, on Deck 5 were implemented the following changes:
- (midship Lobby) a permanent Art Gallery was added (adjacent to Blue Bar / Atrium bar)
- (midship) The Atrium was redesigned with new color schemes and relaxed live entertainment (music, informal acts).
- (midship) Market Cafe's menu upgraded with new gourmet sweets (recipes by Eric Lanlard / French patissier and celebrity chef)
- (forward) To Oasis Spa and Salon were added two express pods for treatments - one for high-tech spa massages, the other for express skin treatments and LVL lash lifting.
P&O Britannia Atrium video
Market Cafe (patiserrie) video
(wellness) Oasis Spa video
(Atrium) Blue Bar video