Review of Britannia deck 7 (Main-Lounge)
- The Crystal Room (Bar Lounge, open 7 pm to late) is the dancing lounge with a huge wooden dance floor, a grand piano and served by its own bar. The lounge hosts special events (on P&O themed cruises), daily dance classes and grand evening balls featuring live music entertainment (bands and vocalists).
- The Glass House (Bar Lounge, open 11 am-11 pm) is a premium wine bar by Olly Smith. GlassHouse’s a la carte menu includes prime steaks, beef burger, seafood dishes with 40 wines by the glass matching each course (additional charges apply). The menu features tapas-sized dishes, that start at GBP 5,25 for 3 and might include chorizo sausage, pork belly, chicken tenders or oak-smoked haddock. Mains include GBP 5,50 steaks or the catch of the day, Morecambe Bay & Devon crab sliders and lobster buns for GBP 4,95. Wine tasting dinners are organized when Olly Smith is onboard, and he may even lead shore trips to nearby vineyards.
- Java Cafe (patisserie / Costa Coffee Bar, open 7:30 am-6 pm) sells Costa Coffee from GBP 2,40 (including a pastry of choice that can't be purchased separately).
- Future Cruise Sales (onboard booking services) and “Loyalty Program” (past guests levels and benefits) information desks
- Photo Gallery & Shop (printing and digital photo services, cameras, accessories)
- “The Studio” is a multi-purpose venue with latest technology video and sound equipment, serving as both cinema and conference room. It is used for daily lectures (guest speakers), cooking demonstrations, game shows, small theatrical plays, and musical performances during the evening.
- Sindhu Restaurant & Bar (specialty dining venue bar by celebrity chef Atul Kochhar, open 11 am-5:30 pm for lunch and 6:30-9:30 pm for dinner; additional charges of GBP 15 apply). This Indian restaurant features a sophisticated dining experience and new dinner menus that are not found on other P&O ships in the fleet. The menus are changed twice per cruise and are inspired by popular dishes in Atul Kochhar's Benares Restaurant, London. Starters might include shammi kebab, jai tarang karara kekda, gosht ke dhuandhar soole. For mains, passengers can choose from chicken murgh, cod jai pari, lamb rogan josh. Desserts usually include 5-spiced chocolate pudding, yoghurt cheesecake, rhubarb souffle, deconstructed trifle, three Indian ice creams. Also offered is an Indian Sauvignon Blanc wine. Britannia's Sindhu is the first to have its own bar (Nashta) offering lunchtime tapas-style Indian dishes from GBP 4,95. Sit-down lunch service is also offered in the main restaurant area. Reservations are recommended.
- “The Live Lounge” (open 7 pm to late) is another music-dedicated venue hosting live music and singer performances (including live band music, vocalists), comedy and tribute acts. Later in the night, Live Lounge turns into a Disco/nightclub.
During the ship's 2019 refurbishment, on Deck 7 were implemented the following changes:
- (midship-starboard) Java Cafe's menu was upgraded with alcoholic beverages.
- (midship-aft-starboard) Photo Gallery was upgraded with Dixons Electronics. The new Dixons Hub sells gadgets (imaging, computing, audio) from premium brands like Amazon, Apple (electronics, computer software), Microsoft (software), Sony (electronics, gaming), Canon (imaging and optical products), Fitbit (trackers, wireless wearables), GoPro (action cameras), Bose (audio devices / headphones, speakers, wearables).
Glass House Lounge video
Java Costa Coffee Bar video