ms Veendam deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the ms Veendam cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on ms Veendam staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Veendam (built 1996, last refurbished in 2016) is the fourth (and last) of the S-class Holland America ships – together with Maasdam, Ryndam and Statendam. HAL Veendam ship is named after a small town in the Groningen province (Netherlands, the northeastern region).
Veendam cruise ship deck plan has a total of 675 staterooms for 1350 passengers (max capacity is 1620 guests), served by 560 crew/staff. The ship has 10 passenger accessible decks, 12 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 2 jacuzzies, 8 elevators.
In 2016, Holland America Line updated the Veendam’s shipboard programming (enrichment, entertainment and children) replacing the old “Dancing With the Stars” with “BBC Earth” content.
- Ship’s theater hosts daily expert lectures, presentations, a nature-themed game show with BBC Earth screenings and introductions by the crews that filmed these series. A signature concert in the evenings is based on the “Frozen Planet” program (polar regions-themed) – a spectacular multimedia show with live musicians.
- Ship’s children club facilities feature an explorer trail, workshops (including on journalism and filming), fact shows (animals, dinosaurs).
- Holland America themed cruises feature access to the BBC Earth series creators, sharing behind-the-scenes media and stories. Children have the opportunity to participate in filming workshops.
(new) Room Service Menu
Since December 2016, Holland America Veendam ship offers a new room service menu that includes a mix of Continental (free) and a la carte breakfast items, as well as sample dishes from the onboard specialty restaurants (Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, Dive-In Burgers).
- Complimentary starters, entrees, sandwiches and desserts are offered around the clock.
- Pinnacle and Neptune Suite passengers enjoy the a la carte breakfast and specialty beverages free of charge.
- The Tamarind menu offers Seafood, Vegetarian, and Land & Sea bento boxes - each at USD 9,75.
- The Dive-In menu offers various burgers served with fries. Each costs USD 4,95.
- The Pinnacle Grill menu offers a steak dish at USD 15 and lobster at USD 20.
- At breakfast, sample complimentary room service option is a scrambled egg dish. It comes with hash browns and breakfast meats. Other offered dishes are steak and eggs (USD 9,50), smoked salmon benedict (USD 7,50) and fruit smoothie with Greek yogurt (USD 4,95).
- A separate kids menu offers (free of charge) chicken tenders, mac & cheese, peanut butter and jelly, as well as other snacks.
ms Veendam deck plans are property of Holland America. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.