Astoria Grande deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Astoria Grande deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2022-2023-2024 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Akvilon Cruises Russia (Small Cruise Lines) deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Astoria Grande cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Astoria Grande staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Astoria Grande (1996-built as "MS Clubschiff", fka "AIDAcara", last refurbished by AIDA in 2018, last drydock refurbishment in 2021) was the first/oldest amongst the four smallest AIDA Cruises ships - followed by AIDAvita, AIDAaura, AIDAmira (fka Costa neoRiviera/now Ambassador Ambition). A major refit in 2005 increased AIDAcara's passenger capacity. In 2009, AIDAcara was redesigned to resemble AIDA's new Sphinx-class liners.
IMPORTANT: On June 23, 2021, the shipowner Carnival Corporation announced that AIDAcara has been sold to the Russian shipping company "Akvilon Ltd OOO". The boat left AIDA's fleet (after 25 years of service) and was soon renamed "Astoria Grande".
Astoria Grande/AIDAcara cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 590 cabins for 1186 passengers (max occupancy is 1339) served by 370 crew-staff. The boat has 11 decks (9 passenger-accessible, 4 with cabins), 3 restaurants, 6 bars and lounges (no casino and conference room), 1 swimming pool, 1 Jacuzzi (outdoor whirlpool hot tub), 5 elevators.
Complimentary dining options (included in AIDAcara ticket prices) were the buffets Markt, and Calypso. At an additional charge was Rossini (reservation-only restaurant). At the buffet restaurants, wine and beer were complimentary for lunch and dinner.
AIDAcara deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The ship's last major drydock refurbishment was in 2016 (January 26-February 6) done in Cadiz Spain by NAVANTIA Shiprepairs.
- Routine maintenance works were performed at the NAVANTIA shipyard.
- All passenger cabins were renovated. New carpeting (around 1800 m2) was laid in all public areas.
- The hull and superstructure were repainted (over 12000 m2 surface area above and below the waterline).
- Redesigned were Pool Bar (deck 10), and Calypso Bar (deck 9). An outdoor seating area was added on Deck 9. Anytime Bar (disco on deck 11) was refurbished and its dancefloor redesigned.
- The Gym (deck 9) received new equipment (including cardio scan diagnosis).
- AIDA Store (deck 8) started selling the clothing brand GAASTRA. The jewelry area was redesigned and started selling the Danish brand Bering.
- A new height-adjustable photo kiosk was added to the digital stations at the Photo Gallery & Shop (deck 8).
The refurbishment was specifically made for the vessel's 20th Anniversary. Christened on June 7, 1996. AIDA's first ship triggered a revolution on the German cruising market.
Drydock 2013 refurbishment upgraded the amenities in all staterooms. All public spaces were extensively renovated, carpets and furniture were replaced.
Astoria Grande deck plans are property of Akvilon Cruises Russia (Small Cruise Lines). All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.