Princess Cruises passengers sailing on Crown Princess in the Mediterranean this summer will be impressed by new onboard offerings following an extensive 10-day dry dock refurbishment. Completed in May, these enhancements in Freeport at Grand Bahama shipyard continue line's "Come Back New Promise" campaign that is focused on investing over US$450 million across the fleet.
After a Mediterranean summer, Crown Princess takes passengers to the Caribbean where award-winning shore trips and onboard programs bring the culture of the islands to life.
Crown Princess new and enhanced offerings include:
- Top-Deck Dining Venues: 4 Princess top-deck outdoor dining venues have been revitalized, enhanced and renamed, including: The Salty Dog Grill (former Trident Grill): passengers can indulge in signature Princess burgers grilled up with 100% all-beef patties and buns baked onboard, or choose from Street Tacos with roasted sweet potato-green chile or grilled chipotle-lime chicken. Slice (former Prego Pizzeria) features west and east coast offerings, along with line's signature Neapolitan-style pizza. Coffee & Cones (former Sundaes Ice Cream Bar) offers complimentary ice cream cones, treats of gourmet ice-cream sandwiches, and now brewing specialty coffee on top deck, serves New Grounds Crafted Coffee. The Mix (former Mermaid's Tale) poolside bar has been refreshed: its brightly lit surroundings make for a festive atmosphere.
- Club Class Mini-Suites: the new premium stateroom category with exclusive dining and VIP amenities (new Club Class Dining, reserved dining area with expanded menu options and expedited seating, priority embarkation and disembarkation).
- Princess Luxury Bed: now available in every stateroom on Crown Princess (developed in collaboration with board-certified sleep expert, Dr.Michael Breus and HGTV designer Candice Olson.
- Camp Discovery Youth & Teen Center (kids ages 3-17): reimagined youth center named Camp Discovery, created via partnership with Discovery, as part of line's Discovery at SEA program.
- Lotus Spa & Fitness Center: treatments rooms and salon have been upgraded; the latest in fitness equipment is already available.
- Casino: now boasts new carpet, light fixtures, bar TV screens.
- Enhanced Boutiques: enhancements to Shops of Princess, offering upgraded shopping experience, such as branded Effy Fine Jewelry boutique.