Holland America Line introduced 34 Canada and New England cruises to choose from between April-October 2019.
- Beginning in April 2019, ms Zaandam, ms Zuiderdam and ms Veendam sail a series of 7-, 10-, 11- and 12-day voyages departing from Boston, Fort Lauderdale, New York City, Montreal and Quebec City. The cruises feature calls at some of the most iconic destinations in the region, such as Canada’s Charlottetown, Halifax and Sydney, along with Bar Harbor.
- On April 24, 2019 ms Zaandam kicks off Canada and New England spring with a 10-day Atlantic Coast journey. Departing from Fort Lauderdale FL, the vessel calls at Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown and Quebec City, prior to concluding in Montreal.
- Between May and September 2019, ms Zaandam features a series of 7-day Canada and New England Discovery voyages between Montreal and Boston, featuring visits to Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown and Quebec City, along with cruising in Gulf of Saint Lawrence.
- MS Zuiderdam launches fall season via 12-day Colors of Canada & New England cruise on September 3, 2019. Sailing out of Boston to Quebec City, the cruise ship calls at Sydney, Halifax, Charlottetown, Saint John, Corner Brook, Baie-Comeau, Saguenay, and Portland. Passengers can enjoy cruising through the Gulf of Saint Lawrence and scenic cruising in Saguenay Fjord.
- A couple of similar itineraries are offered aboard ms Zuiderdam on September 15 and September 27. Guests on the September 15 voyage can enjoy an overnight at Quebec City prior to heading to Saguenay, Charlottetown, Halifax, Sydney, Saint John, Portland, Boston and Newport, Rhode Island, before disembarking in NYC. Passengers on the September 27 cruise set sail from New York, enjoying calls at many of the same ports, and additions like Portland and Gloucester. The trip concludes in Quebec City where travelers can enjoy an overnight before disembarkation.
- In September, passengers can also choose from a series of 7-day Canada & New England Discovery cruises between Montreal and Boston onboard ms Veendam. The itineraries visit Bar Harbor, Halifax, Charlottetown, Sydney, and Quebec City, as well as cruising through Gulf of Saint Lawrence and scenic cruising along Saint Lawrence River.
- Throughout October, ms Zaandam, ms Zuiderdam and ms Veendam each offer an 11-day Atlantic Coast voyage. On October 5, ms Zaandam departs from Montreal and visits Quebec City, Charlottetown, Halifax, Bar Harbor, Sydney, Gloucester and Port Canaveral FL before arriving at Fort Lauderdale. On October 9, ms Zuiderdam sails from Quebec City and heads for Charlottetown, Halifax, Sydney, Portland, Boston, Newport, New York before passengers disembark in Fort Lauderdale. MS Veendam departs Montreal on October 12 and sails to Quebec City, Charlottetown, Halifax, Bar Harbor, Sydney, Boston and Port Canaveral, prior to disembarking in Fort Lauderdale.
Prices for Canada & New England cruises start at US$999 per person, double occupancy. Throughout the cruises, EXC programming brings the local traditions, cultural experiences and culinary tastes of the region to life onboard. EXC Talks cover history, culture and attractions' discussions. The EXC Team provides further customized guidance and online EXC Port Guides. Through EXC Encounters, passengers can participate in activities like musical performances by Cape Breton Celtic fiddlers and Halifax Citadel Highlanders Pipe Band. For guests prefer exploring on their own, EXC Port Maps present a view of the best in each port.