Saga Cruises UK unveiled details of 7 new itineraries for early-2021, among which is the 83-night South American "Grand Voyage" that takes in the Amazon, Punta Arenas, Cape Horn, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Montevideo on MS Spirit of Discovery.
This world cruise departs from Southampton UK on January 6, 2021. Prices include chauffeur service to the homeport, balcony cabins (as standard), all-inclusive meals and drinks, daily afternoon tea, free wifi, onboard gratuities. The clockwise South America circumnavigation itinerary begins with a Transatlantic crossing to Brazil and cruising through Amazon Delta, Patagonia's wilderness, Panama Canal, Ecuador, Colombia.
In addition, Spirit of Adventure makes 6 European cruises from January through March 2021 including a 14-night Constellations of the Canaries which offers stargazing guided by an astronomer, as well as talks on navigating by the stars from the officers, and a photographer on board specializing in capturing images of the night sky.
For passengers seeking the Northern Lights is the 16-night journey A Norwegian Aurora, with an included shore excursion to seek out the Aurora Borealis. Guests can take a train ride on Rauma Railway – passing the ‘Troll Wall’, Europe's highest sheer rock face, spend a night in Sorrisniva Igloo hotel, and enjoy the magical Arctic scenery from a wooden sledge pulled by huskies.
The 15-night Taste of the Mediterranean is a springtime gastronomic delight with a voyage to Barcelona, Cartagena, and Valencia which includes flamenco dancing, a Spanish horse show, paella and tapas-making along with chocolate and wine tasting.
The 8-night Scandinavian Rhythms features the changing of the Royal Guard in Copenhagen, Bangsbo Fort coastal museum in Frederikshavn, Gothenburg's old Haga district and the scenery of Odderoya, Kristiansand.
There is a focus on well-being during the line's 16-night Exotic Morocco and the Canary islands sailing with outdoor yoga and guided hikes while The Beautiful Canaries trip offers time to explore the natural splendor of the islands or relax on a sandy beach, with visits to Lisbon and Madeira.
- 83-night South America: A Grand Voyage, from £17,324 pp, departs from Southampton UK on January 6, 2021.
- 14-night Constellations of the Canaries, from £2,449 pp, departs on January 5, 2021.
- 16-night Exotic Morocco and the Canaries, from £3,024 pp, departs on January 19, 2021.
- 15-night The Beautiful Canaries, from £2,892 pp, departs on February 4, 2021.
- 16-night A Norwegian Aurora, from £3,117 pp, departs on February 19, 2021.
- 15-night A Taste of the Mediterranean, from £2,799 pp, departs on March 7, 2021.
- 8-night Scandinavian Rhythms, from £1,475 pp, departs on March 22, 2021.