With 50+ years sailing in the “Great Land,” Princess Wilderness Lodges, and exclusive rail service, a wealth of passengers choose Princess Cruises in Alaska.
On sale December 16, the newly announced 2022 Alaska cruise & cruisetour programme features 6 ships, including the newest ship of the line, Discovery Princess. Vacationers can choose from twelve itineraries, plus 25 cruisetour options, combining a cruise and land tour visiting Denali National Park.
The 3,660-passenger Discovery Princess is expected to mark her inaugural season as the youngest cruise ship in Alaska departing from Seattle on a 7-day Inside Passage itinerary, along with Emerald Princess.
Majestic Princess is scheduled to debut along with Grand Princess and Sapphire Princess sailing a 7-day Voyage of the Glaciers itinerary, which features 2 glacier viewing experiences on each trip including Glacier Bay National Park (Vancouver BC to Anchorage/Whittier, or vice versa).
All 6 cruise ships sailing to Alaska in 2022 are MedallionClass so vacationers enjoy an effortless passenger experience, delivering personalized service and enabling touchless interactive experiences.
Cruisetour passengers can see even more of Alaska via combining a 7-day Voyage of the Glaciers with multiple nights on land. With dozens of options ranging between 10-17 nights, every cruise tour features a visit to Denali National Park.
Princess Cruises also offers its exclusive Direct-to-the-Wilderness rail service taking passengers from the ship to the Denali area and wilderness lodges on the same day.
Additional 2022 Alaska program highlights include:
- A total of 17 destinations, including 5 glacier-viewing experiences, on 12 itineraries and 140 departures. Most itineraries include visits to the Southeast Alaska towns of Ketchikan, Skagway, and Juneau.
- A total of 82 calls to Glacier Bay National Park on 7 itineraries - 74% of Princess Alaska voyages include calls to Glacier Bay National Park.
- All cruise tours combine a 7-day Voyage of the Glaciers trip with extended stays at the exclusive Princess wilderness lodge. Every cruise tour features a visit to Alaska’s top attractions, Denali National Park and Glacier Bay National Park.
- The 17-day Ultimate Princess Connoisseur cruise tour features 2 nights at each one of the 5 Princess Wilderness Lodges.
- In 2022, the cruise line celebrates the 20th anniversary of Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge, situated just outside America’s largest national park Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park.
- Princess Cruises continues to enhance the North to Alaska program which brings local Alaskans, fresh seafood, and culture onboard and ashore to immerse passengers in all things Alaska. From Puppies in the Piazza tp Cook My Catch, to Libby Riddles, to mountain climbers.
Princess past passengers are eligible for a special promotion if they book early. The promotion consists of a Captain’s Circle launch discount of up to US$100 per person. The offer expires on April 30, 2021.