Following the restart of its Mediterranean operations, the Carnival Corporation-owned company Costa Cruises is now announcing major itinerary changes for season 2022, which also partially involve the brand's current schedule.
- In winter 2021-2022, the current flagship Smeralda is due to replace Toscana (sistership) in South America, prior to returning to the Mediterranean for voyages in Italy, Spain, and France.
- Costa Cruises' presence in the Mediterranean is further strengthened by the new “green” ship currently under construction, Costa Toscana, that is to be LNG-powered and is scheduled to debut in December 2021. Throughout next year, Toscana is dedicated to 7-day cruises in the Western Mediterranean, visiting destinations in Spain - Barcelona and Valencia in spring, or Valencia and Ibiza in summer.
- The fleet's newest ship Costa Firenze is scheduled to enter service on July 4 from Savona. Firenze will operate in the Mediterranean through the end of November. In winter 2021-2022 Firenze is homeported in Dubai for voyages visiting ports in UAE, Qatar and Oman. Firenze is expected to return to offer week-long voyages in Italy, Spain, and France from April 2022.
Costa's programs for winter 2021-2022 will be complemented by 4 additional boats.
- Costa Diadema is scheduled to depart on September 26 from Savona, sailing long cruises in Greece and Turkey or Portugal and Spain. From December the ship is to be deployed in the Caribbean, with 3 itineraries to discover Caribbean islands.
- Costa Fascinosa is expected to be back in service on September 23, from Savona, for 10-day voyages to Lisbon, while during the winter months she is to offer sailings in South America.
- Costa Deliziosa is scheduled to continue with her program of Eastern Mediterranean cruises until January 8, 2022, when she is expected to depart for the World Cruise.
- Costa Luminosa, currently sailing in the Eastern Mediterranean, will offer 14-day cruises to Israel or the Canaries.
During the 2022 summer cruise season, in addition to Costa Firenze, Smeralda, and Toscana sailing in the Western Mediterranean, 3 liners (Deliziosa, Luminosa, Pacifica) will be cruising in the eastern part of the Mediterranean.