With 8 of its boats already in passenger shipping operations, and more restarting in September-October 2021, CCL-Carnival Cruise Line announced additional restart dates for November and beyond.
- Carnival Valor follows Carnival Glory in New Orleans (Port NOLA, Louisiana) with 4- and 5-night sailings starting November 1.
- Carnival Legend restarts on November 14 from Baltimore Maryland, replacing Carnival Pride, which resumes passenger operations from Baltimore on September 12 and then moves her homeport to Tampa Florida after a Panama Canal repositioning voyage.
- Carnival Radiance has a new maiden voyage date of December 13 from Los Angeles-Long Beach California (rescheduled from November 5) due to the revised drydock refurbishment.
- The new service of Carnival Pride from Tampa FL is scheduled to start on November 14.
- The restart of Carnival Conquest from PortMiami Florida on October 8 has been rescheduled to December 13.
- The restart of Carnival Sensation on October 21 from Mobile Alabama was moved to January 2022.
Carnival is advising passengers booked in November & December that it will continue to meet the U.S. CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) standard of vaccinated cruises and that they will need to present proof of both vaccination and a negative Coronavirus/COVID test at check-in (with a number of capacity-restricted exemptions granted for kids under 12 and other passengers who cannot be vaccinated). The company is working to set up mobile pre-cruise rapid testing sites at its homeports as a backup alternative for vaccinated vacationers who are not able to make arrangements. In addition, passengers will be asked to wear masks in most indoor venues where guests congregate.
With the extension of Sensation’s restart, a total of 5 USA-homeported ships are now moved to 2022: Carnival Ecstasy from Jacksonville/JAXPORT (January 2), Carnival Liberty from Port Canaveral/Orlando (January 3), Carnival Paradise from Tampa (January 6), Carnival Sunshine from Charleston SC (January 13), and Carnival Sensation from Mobile AL (January 3).
Separate from its USA-based operations, CCL (Carnival Australia) canceled more departures for its both Australia-based liners - Carnival Splendor (from Sydney NSW) and Carnival Spirit (from Brisbane QLD). Both ships are now rescheduled to restart operations on December 19, 2021.