Buzios cruise port is located in the Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil. The city of Rio de Janeiro is 110 miles away, direction North. The city is also known like Armação dos Búzios and often is nicknamed the ”Brazil’s St Tropez” because of its famous amazing beaches. Buzios cruise port offers clear, calm water of the west coast, the east coast are great for water sports. The official language in the area is Portugese. The currency is Brazilian Real but US Dollars are also acceptable at many places.
Buzios cruise port is a popular port of call because it offers premier beaches, countless opportunities for water sports, superb cuisine, many shops and all is easily accessed only by foot or by water taxi. The port is included in the itineraries of major cruise lines like MSC Cruises, Royal Caribbean, Oceania, Regent Seven Seas Cruises, HAL and Azamara.
The cruise port's season is October through April.
Buzios cruise terminal
Buzios port used to be a point for supplies of the French pirates. It gained popularity in the 1960 when Armacao de Buzios was visited by the French fashion model and actress Brigitte Bardot. She even has her own sculpture in the city – "Orla Bardot". It is real-size and was done by the artist Christina Motta. Since then, Buzios cruise port quickly grew its popularity.
At Buzios cruise port there is no terminal building. Cruise ships anchor in front of the town and passengers are tendered into the wharf.
- The yacht marina is 4 km (2,5 ml) from the town center.
- Ships tender into the Armacao Pier (porto velerio) or at Orla Bardot (Rua das Pedras) pier.
- The airport of Buzios – Umberto Modiano Airport - doesn’t offer any international or even regular domestic flights. It receives only smaller aircraft (Fokker 50, Fokker 27, also private jets).
Buzios tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
The main thing that attracts tourists to Buzios cruise port are it beaches. There 25 different amazing beaches that spread along the shoreline. The most popular are:
- Praia da Ferradura/ Praia das Tartarugas: calm and warm waters
- Praia da Armacao – the social center of Buzios
- Praia Joao Fernandes – it offers amazing bars and restaurants.
- Praia Geriba – popular area for competitions -sports and cultural.
- Praia Brava – the ideal place for surfing.
- Praia Joao Fernandinho – nightlife area.
- Praia Manguinhos/ Praia Baia Formosa – the ideal are for windsurfing.
- Praia dos Amores – visit if you like to swim.
- Praia da Foca – the one with the strongest waves.
- Praia Olho de Boi – if you prefer to sunbathe nude.
Port Buzios cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Buzios, Brazil. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|6 December, 2020|
|10 December, 2020|
|13 December, 2020|
|Seven Seas Mariner||08:00||18:00|
|13 December, 2020|
|14 December, 2020|
|20 December, 2020|
|24 December, 2020|
|29 December, 2020|
|31 December, 2020|
- Cruise Industry
Atlas Ocean Voyages announced that the Luxe-AdventureSM Expedition Cruise brand is expanding its inaugural-year offerings with 4 new Transatlantic...May 18, 2020
- show more news