Port Yatsushiro is cruise port to Kumamoto - large port city and capital of Kumamoto Prefecture on Kyushu Island, Japan. The city covers a total area of approx 390 km2 (150 ml2) and has population around 740,000.
- The most famous landmark is Kumamoto Castle - large and extremely well fortified (in its time) Japanese castle. Its donjon (main tower) is a concrete reconstruction created in 1970s, but several ancillary wooden buildings still remain. The original castle was assaulted during Satsuma Rebellion (1887) and burnt after 53-day siege. It was during that time that the tradition of eating raw horse meat (basashi) originated.
- Kumamoto's downtown area has a commercial district centred on 2 large shopping areas (Kamitori and Shimotori), with major malls, stores and many smaller retail shops, bars and restaurants. Many local festivals are held near or in the shopping arcades.
- JR Kumamoto rail station connects the city wit hJapan's extensive railway network. In March 2011 were finished the construction works on the high-speed bullet train (shinkansen) linkimg directly to Tokyo through Fukuoka's Hakata terminus. A number of local taxi companies serve Kumamoto metro area. Taxis are the city's only 24-hour public transportation. Aso Kumamoto Airport is located in Mashiki (approx 8 km / 5 ml away).
- On January 31, 2017, Yatsushiro (Port Kumamoto) was selected as one of all 6 Japanese seaports to receive private funding for structural upgrades of their cruise terminal facilities. The project aimed to attract more cruise ships and to increase the number of visiting international passengers. The other ports in that list are Yokohama, Shimizu, Sasebo, Motobu and Miyakojima.
- At the above listed ports, cruise companies will build passenger terminals and other port facilities using their own funds. Other companies and lines / operators will be also allowed to use these facilities. However, the cruise ship companies that will build the new port facilities will be given priority to use the wharfs.
- The companies involved in the port building project are NYK Cruises (subsidiary of the Japanese cargo shipping corporation Nippon Yusen Kaisha / NYK Line) and RCCL (Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd).
- In 2016, the number of international cruise ship tourists in Japan reached 1,9 million. In comparison, 2013 season's statistics showed only 174,000 passengers.
Kumamoto cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Kumamoto City dock at Port Yatsushiro located to southwest of the city.
Port Kumamoto cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Kumamoto, Yatsushiro, Japan. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|7 August, 2020|
|23 August, 2020|
|Voyager Of The Seas||08:00||18:00|
|26 August, 2020|
|Spectrum Of The Seas||08:00||18:00|
|27 August, 2020|
|Voyager Of The Seas||07:00||18:00|