Levuka is a port town located on the eastern coast of Ovalau Island (Fiji), with population around 1,000 (out of around 8,000 inhabitants of the island). Levuka is one of Fiji's 3 main seaports of entry - together with Lautoka and Suva (both on Viti Levu Island).
- Levuka is Fiji's former capital (until 1877). Popular landmarks are Sacred Heart Church, Ovalau Club, Levuka Town Hall.
- The status of Levuka as a stopover port for ocean ships crossing the Pacific Ocean came to an end during the 1950s, threatening the settlement with economic extinction. However, in 1964 the PAFCO (Pacific Fishing Company) was established by a Japanese proprietorship, specialising in freezing and shipping canned tuna, mainly to markets in Canada and Europe. A cannery, joint PAFCO-government venture, opened in 1976. Currently, it is the largest private employer on Ovalau Island. Tourism plays only a minor role in island's economy.
- Levuka Community Centre houses a branch of Fiji Museum, also public library, meeting hall, kindergarten, arts-crafts centre and squash court. Adjacent to the Centre is Queens Wharf (harbour area with max draft 8 m / 26 ft). Upgraded during the 1990s, the dock is used predominantly by local boats, and only occasionally by foreign ships.