Lorient is an Atlantic port town in France's Morbihan department (Brittany), with total area approx 18 km2 (7 ml2) and population around 58,000. The town is located on Brittany's southern coast (northwestern France), at the confluence of two rivers (Blavet and Scorff) discharging into the Atlantic Ocean. Lorient is approx 153 km (95 ml) southwest of Rennes (Brittany's capital), 158 km (98 ml) northwest of Nantes and 503 km (313 ml) southwest of Paris City.
From its establishment, shipbuilding has been of great importance to Lorient. Naval Group (formerly DCNS) now owns and operates port's shipyards (aka l'Arsenal, founded in 1690) and still builds warships for the French Navy (mainly frigates, submarines, drones, weapons).
Lorient is also known as "the 5-port city" (commercial-fishing-yachting-passenger-military). Its maritime sector supports around 9,600 local jobs.
- Kergroise (Brittany's largest cargo port) has annual traffic volume around 2,6 million tons (oil, sand, TEU-containers, cattle fodder).
- Keroman (fishing port) has annual catch around 27,000 tons, ranking it France's second (after Boulogne-sur-Mer), but also first by cash value. Its fleet consists of 130 fishing vessels with supported around 3000 jobs (of which 700 fishermen).
- Boat marinas - mooring berths are dispatched on Gavres (57), Guidel (102), Lorient (370), Port-Louis (450) and Kernevel (1000). Additionally, a 800-m (2600-ft) long dock is dedicated to offshore competitive sailing boats. It was built within the former submarine base Keroman.
- Passenger (cruise port) each year, over 457,500 passengers depart from here to the nearby islands Groix and Belle-Ile-en-Mer.
- Military port - though no longer serving as French Naval base, newbuild warships temporarily dock on the wharves along Scorff River.
Port Lorient cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Lorient, France. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|5 September, 2019|
|12 September, 2019|
|13 September, 2019|
|19 September, 2019|
The Lorient cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Lorient, France.
If you lose the Lorient location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.