65 °F / 19 °C
Puerto Dos Bocas is a large seaport in Mexico's Tabasco state. The port was built by Petroleos Mexicanos (trademarked as Pemex, state-owned petroleum company founded in 1938) and started operations in 1982. Puerto Dos Bocas has dedicated terminals serving oil tankers, cargo ships (industrial and commercial goods) and container ships.
Port Dos Bocas is in Tabasco's Paraíso municipality, located approx 10 km (6 ml) from Paraíso (municipal capital) and approx 80 km (50 ml) from Villahermosa (state's capital city). The port is in the so-called Grijalva region, where are concentrated over 85% of state's population, as well as most of its urban infrastructure and economy. This strategic location allows the seaport to be used as gateway for cargo ships connecting Mexico with USA and Central America.
Port Dos Bocas
Currently, this is one of Mexico's largest and most important oil ports both as annual cargo tonnage and number of served vessels.
- In 2009, Puerto Dos Bocas handled a total of 1145 ship calls, ranking it Mexico's 3ird busiest cargo port at the time - after Pajaritos and Veracruz.
- In February 2013, at Multipurpose Terminal docked port's ever largest merchant ship - the 2007-built bulk carrier Elegant Sky (GT tonnage 30,006 tons, LOA length 190 m).
- Port's current capacity allows serving vessels with max length 190 m (623 ft).
As Infrastructure, the port features:
- Access channel to Supply Terminal (opened in 1985, expanded in 2004). The waterway has width 70 m, max draft 8 m and length 2,7 km.
- Access channel to the shopping area was built in 2003-2004, and expanded in 2005-2008. The waterway is separated to provide access for suppy boats and larger vessels. Channel's width is 325 m, max depth 10 m, length 2.2 km.
- Accessed via secondary channel, the Multipurpose Terminal (TUM) is port's largest facility with capacity to handle large-sized cargo vessels. It is also used for shipbuilding and repairs of ships and oil platforms.
- Darcena Supply Terminal (built in 2004) is in front of TUM terminal's pier and has max draft 9,5 m.
- Port's storage area (outdoor, paved) is sized around 30,000 m2. Warehouse areas are around 100,000 m2.
- Dos Bocas Industrial Park is sized 700,000 m2 and provides services dedicated to the oil industry.
As cruise port, Dos Bocas was first included in Ponant Cruises 2019-2020 itinerary program on the newbuild liner Le Champlain (launched 2018). During winter season (November 2019 through February 2020), the cruise ship had scheduled 14x 7-day voyages roundtrip from Puerto Morelos.
- The 7-day "Maya Treasure of the Yucatán" cruise itinerary visited Mexican ports only - Dos Bocas, Progreso (overnight) and Puerto Morelos (overnight).
- The 7-day "Natural and Cultural Wonders of Western Caribbean" cruise itinerary included seaday, then visited Honduras (Puerto Cortes), Guatemala (Puerto Barrios, Livingston), Belize City and Bahamas (Half Moon Cay, private island).
Port Puerto Dos Bocas cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Puerto Dos Bocas, Mexico. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.