Santa Margherita Ligure (Italy Riviera)
Cruise Port schedule, live map, terminals, news
Mediterranean - Black Sea
45 °F / 8 °C
Santa Margherita Ligure is a port town in Genoa province (Italy's region Liguria), located approx 35 km (22 ml) southeast of Genoa. It borders the towns Portofino, Rapallo and Camogli. Santa Margherita Ligure has a harbour marina (for leisure boats and yachts) and port used by fishing boats, ferries (to Cinque Terre) and cruise ships.
- The town (SML) covers a total area approx 10 km2 (4 ml2) and has population around 10,000.
- Until 1229, the town was a feudal property of Fieschi (merchant family from Genoa) and was then acquired by Republic of Genoa (1005-1797). In 1432, it was attacked and conquered by the fleet of Republic of Venice (697-1797).
- In 1813 (during Napoleonic Wars, 1803-1815), the two boroughs (Corte and Pescino) merged into Porto Napoleone, in 1815 was annexed to Kingdom of Sardinia as Santa Margherita Ligure. The town became part of Kingdom of Italy in 1861.
- Most popular tourist sites include castle (built 1550 as defence against North African pirates), Basilica of Saint Margaret of Antiochia (built over the ruins of a 13th-century church), Abbazia della Cervara (abbey on the road to Portofino), Villa Durazzo, 16th-century castle, 17th-century nature park.
- Paraggi (small village of millers and fishermen) is along "Costa dei Delfini", halfway between Portofino and SML.
- Nozarego (natural terrace) overlooks Bay of Tigullio. Several trails leave from Nozarego in Portofino Park.
Port Santa Margherita Ligure cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy Riviera. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|24 April, 2023|