74 °F / 24 °C
Tuamotus (Tuamotu Islands) are an archipelago in French Polynesia (one of France's overseas territories in the South Pacific Ocean). The group consists of 78 islands and atolls, covering a total land area of approx 850 km2 (328 ml2) with population around 16,000 (in 16 communes). The largest islands are Anaa, Fakarava, Hao and Makemo.
The combined Tuamotus-Gambier islands form one of French Polynesia's all 5 administrative divisions. The local economy is mainly based on agriculture and tourism. The most important sources of income are cultivation of black pearls and preparation of copra (dried coconut). Tourism is mainly developed on Rangiroa, Fakarava and Manihi (popular as snorkeling and scuba diving island destinations).
The Tuamotu archipelago is divided in the following groups:
- Disappointment Islands (Napuka, Pukapuka, Tepoto Nord
- Duke of Gloucester Islands (Anuanuraro, Anuanurunga, Hereheretue, Nukutepipi
- Far East Tuamotu (Akiaki, Fakahina, Fangatau, Fangataufa, Moruroa, Nukutavake, Pinaki, Pukarua, Reao, Tatakoto, Tematangi, Tureia, Vahitahi, Vairaatea, Vanavana
- Hao Islands (Ahunui, Amanu, Hao, Manuhangi, Nengonengo, Paraoa, Tehuata, Tauere
- Hikueru Islands (Hikueru, Marokau, Ravahere, Reitoru, Tekokota
- King George Islands (Ahe, Manihi, ,Takaroa, Takapoto, Tikei
- Palliser Islands (Arutua, Apataki, Avatika, Fakarava, Kaukura, Makatea, Mataiva, Niau, Rangiroa, Toau, Tikehau
- and Raeffsky Islands (Anaa, Aratika, Faaite, Haraiki, HitiKatiu, Kauehi, Makemo, Marutea Nord, Motutunga, Nihiru, Raraka, Raroia, Taenga, Tahanea, Taiaro, Takume, Tepoto Sud, Tuanake
The Tuamotus Islands cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Tuamotus Islands, French Polynesia.
If you lose the Tuamotus Islands location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.