83 °F / 29 °C
Tuamotus (Tuamotu Islands) are an archipelago in French Polynesia (one of France's overseas territories in the South Pacific Ocean). The group consists of 78 islands and atolls, covering a total land area of approx 850 km2 (328 ml2) with population around 16,000 (in 16 communes). The largest islands are Anaa, Fakarava, Hao and Makemo.
The combined Tuamotus-Gambier islands form one of French Polynesia's all 5 administrative divisions. The local economy is mainly based on agriculture and tourism. The most important sources of income are cultivation of black pearls and preparation of copra (dried coconut). Tourism is mainly developed on Rangiroa, Fakarava and Manihi (popular as snorkeling and scuba diving island destinations).
The Tuamotu archipelago is divided in the following groups:
- Disappointment Islands (Napuka, Pukapuka, Tepoto Nord
- Duke of Gloucester Islands (Anuanuraro, Anuanurunga, Hereheretue, Nukutepipi
- Far East Tuamotu (Akiaki, Fakahina, Fangatau, Fangataufa, Moruroa, Nukutavake, Pinaki, Pukarua, Reao, Tatakoto, Tematangi, Tureia, Vahitahi, Vairaatea, Vanavana
- Hao Islands (Ahunui, Amanu, Hao, Manuhangi, Nengonengo, Paraoa, Tehuata, Tauere
- Hikueru Islands (Hikueru, Marokau, Ravahere, Reitoru, Tekokota
- King George Islands (Ahe, Manihi, ,Takaroa, Takapoto, Tikei
- Palliser Islands (Arutua, Apataki, Avatika, Fakarava, Kaukura, Makatea, Mataiva, Niau, Rangiroa, Toau, Tikehau
- and Raeffsky Islands (Anaa, Aratika, Faaite, Haraiki, HitiKatiu, Kauehi, Makemo, Marutea Nord, Motutunga, Nihiru, Raraka, Raroia, Taenga, Tahanea, Taiaro, Takume, Tepoto Sud, Tuanake
Port Tuamotus Islands cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Tuamotus Islands, French Polynesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|3 May, 2020|
|National Geographic Orion|