Odessa cruise port is located on a small harbour on the Black Sea’s northwest shores. It is among the busiest ports in the area because it is situated on a major East-West merchant way. Odessa is the fourth largest Ukrainian city and it port is the largest one in the country.
Odessa cruise port welcomes cruise passengers from February to December. It is in the cruise itineraries of major cruise lines including Cunard, Regent Seven Seas, Oceania, Costa, Holland America, Azamara, MSC, Princess, SeaDream, Silversea, Voyages of Discovery, Swan Hellenic, Viking, Seabourn and Crystal.
Highlights: Potemkin Steps, Opera House, Cathedrals
Odessa cruise terminal
Odessa cruise port terminal is located below the Potemkin Steps, city downtown. Annually, the terminal welcomes around 4 million passengers from different countries – Germany, the United Kingdom, United States, Greece, Italy, Norway and more. The usual way of meeting the guests at the port is with an orchestra.
Odessa cruise port terminal faces the Monument to Duke de Richelieu and the Potemkinskaya Stairs (emblems of the city). The building of Odessa cruise port terminal is well equipped and has a modern design. The facilities include restaurants, banks, DHL, travel agencies offices, ATM, public phones, Internet, etc. The parking area is guarded.
Odessa cruise port has seven berths. It is capable accommodating up to five ships simultaneously.
Odessa International Airport is 8 kilometers from Odessa cruise port terminal. The airport serves major airlines including Austrian Airlines, Turkey Airlines, El Al and Aerosvit. The railway station is 4 km away. There are connections to Bratislava, Warsaw, Vienna, Prague, Moscow and Berlin.
Odessa tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Primorsky Boulevard: right when you exit Odessa cruise port terminal you are at the Potemkin Steps. If you take them, you will be at the Primorsky Boulevard’s northern end, the best place for starting a city walking tour.
- Opera and Ballet house: located 5 km from Odessa cruise port. The building dates from 1887 (restored several times) and is in Viennese style. The most famous artists that performed here include Isadora Duncan, Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff.
- Pushkin Museum: located one kilometre and a half from Odessa cruise port terminal. The building is a former hotel. Puskin came here in 1823 after the St. Petersburg’s authorities exiled him.
- Shopping: the most popular places are the 7-Kilometers Bazaar and the Passazh Shopping Mall. 7-Kilometers Bazaar is among the biggest markets outdoor in the world. It is 14 km from Odessa cruise port. Passazh Shopping Mall is located on Deribasovskaya Street, 3 km from Odessa cruise port terminal.
- Beaches: most popular are Lanzheron Beach (6 km from Odessa cruise port terminal) and Arkadia Beach (9 km from Odessa cruise port terminal).
- Cathedrals: visit Odessa Cathedral (3 km from the terminal) or Uspensky Cathedral (4 km from the terminal).
The Odessa cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Odessa, Ukraine.
If you lose the Odessa location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Odessa cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Odessa, Ukraine. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
20 October, 2016
26 October, 2016
27 October, 2016