Rio de Janeiro cruise port is the gateway to unique beaches and culture in the State of Rio de Janeiro capital. It is one of the most beautiful and exciting cities in the world. Rio de Janeiro is a former capital of Brazil (1763-1960). It is also known with the name A Cidade Maravilhosa or the marvelous city.
Rio de Janeiro cruise port attracts tourist with the famous Ipanema and Copacabana beaches. The sport fans are attracted by the Carioca football’s home – Maracana stadium.
The cruising season is from November till April.
Highlights: Copacabana, Sugar Loaf, Corcovado
Rio de Janeiro cruise terminal
Port of Rio de Janeiro is the third busiest port located in Brazil. The wharf is 7,000 m and the pier – 883 m. the port of Rio de Janeiro comprises the Terminal of Manguinhos, the Maua Wharf, Wharf of Are Cristovão, Wharf of Gamboa and Wharf of the Cashew.
Pier Maua serves the cruise ships. The processing of the passengers is in warehouses. Rio de Janeiro cruise port doesn’t offer services because it is a working cargo one. The passengers can reach the downtown business district by walking. There are available taxis. The public transportation system offers buses and metro.
Rio de Janeiro cruise port is under a major renovation. It should be ready for the Olympic games in 2016. There will be also a high speed train with destination Sao Paulo. It will depart near Rio de Janeiro cruise port – from Cidade Nova.
The renovation of Rio de Janeiro cruise port will develop the tourism industry and will make the region more aesthetic.
Rio de Janeiro tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Christ the Redeemer Statue: located at Corcovado Mountain’s top. The symbol of Rio de Janeiro welcomes the visitors and blesses the inhabitants. Is is one of the “New Seven Wonders of the World.”
- Copacabana: paradise beach with plenty of sunshine. It used to be a small fishing village. Now, Copacabana is a tropical paradise with Brazilian atmosphere.
- Ipanema: the other famous beach. You should definitely find a few hours to just sit on the beach. You can also visit the Rua Garcia D’Avila and Visconde de Piraja shopping center in the neighborhood.
- Botanical Gardens: 15 minutes from Ipanema and Copacabana. It is located on 350 acres area. Spend great leisure time and explore over six thousands different trees and plants. You will see more than 138 species of birds, including the symbol of the garden – “Caxinguelês.”There are lakes with many exotic and native fish species. Be aware of meeting snakes and lizards.
- Maracanã Football Stadium: in Brazil football is soccer. The stadium official name is Mario Filho. It was named after a Carioca Journalist. Maracanã is the name of the river that crosses the surrounding area. There is a museum with tropheis, uniforms and photos of the great Carioca footballers.
- Candelária Church: Latin cross church built in the period 1775 – 19th century end. The church has an amazing architecture with Baroque and Neoclassical influences.
The Rio de Janeiro cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
If you lose the Rio de Janeiro location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Rio de Janeiro cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
8 December, 2016
14 December, 2016
6 December, 2016
12 December, 2016
16 December, 2016
17 December, 2016
24 December, 2016
27 December, 2016
31 December, 2016
Royal Caribbean has not only withdrawn its brands from Brazil for the coming cruise season, but also closed all its offices in the country...September 10, 2016
River cruise line Avalon Waterways offered ship godmother and Olympic rower Katherine Grainger a free cruise after her silver medal win in Rio...August 12, 2016
The U.S. Men's Basketball team, featuring NBA stars including Carmelo Anthony, Draymond Green, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant, will be...August 4, 2016
While the stars of 2016 Summer Olympics deal with faulty plumbing and cramped quarters in the athletes' village, Rio Organizing Committee will...August 3, 2016
The 2016 Summer Olympics have not even started yet, but the athletes are already upset about the living conditions. Athletes from Sweden, Belarus...July 27, 2016
The christening of Silversea's new flagship Silver Muse is only a year away. To mark the milestone, commemorative events took place onboard all...April 22, 2016
MSC Lirica leaves Brazil earlier than expected. The ship is sailing for Palermo, Italy and Fincantieri on February 17, 2016 from Rio de Janeiro...November 18, 2015
The refurbished MSC Lirica will be homeported in Shanghai from 1 May 2016, initially for a 2-year period. MSC Cruises will operate joint partnership...September 2, 2015
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) announced today (August 3) new itineraries for its Fall-Winter 2016-17 deployment. The line offers new destinations and...August 3, 2015
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines launched its 2016-2017 new brochure, featuring “the most ambitious and unique cruise program ever”. Fred. Olsen...July 5, 2015