The Carnival cruise ship Vista has a total of 35 wheelchair accessible cabins (for disabled passengers) and 104 "Cloud 9 Spa" cabins (28 Inside, 8 Ocean-view, 62 Balcony, 6 Suite). The number of all cabin categories is 53.
Connecting rooms ("family cabins") are located on decks 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11. The list of connecting cabins grades includes: Balcony rooms (8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8F, and 8G), Cove Balcony (7C, and FM-Family), Oceanview (6A, 6L, 6M, and FE-Family), Interior (4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, and FA-Family).
Follows the review of Carnival Vista staterooms as amenities, furniture, and complimentary services:
- Carnival Vista Suite accommodations (Grand, Cloud 9 Spa, Ocean, and Junior) have 2 twin beds (convertible to king), dressing area (walk-in closet, vanity table, chair), private bathroom (WC, shower, bathtub, bidet, double sinks). Some GS-OS suites have a single/double sofa bed for 3rd/4th person.
- All balcony accommodations feature a private balcony with sliding glass doors (table, patio chairs, rail with clear glass panel).
- All Carnival Vista Cloud 9 Spa cabins have exclusive access to the Spa facilities on Panorama Deck 11. Their grades are Spa Suite (SS), Spa Balcony (8S, 8P, 8T), Spa Oceanview with obstructed views (6S, 6T) and the Spa Inside cabins (4S and 4T). Carnival Cloud 9 Spa rooms have the following complimentary amenities, services and perks (applicable for two guests per stateroom only): Thermal Suite and Spa Whirlpool (complimentary, unlimited access), 2 fitness classes (complimentary, Yoga or Pilates), 2 metabolism tests (complimentary), 1 Scrub Kit (complimentary, for the Thermal Suite), bathrobes, slippers, deluxe in-room bath amenities (by Elemis – shampoo, conditioner, sharp shower gel, vitamin-rich body lotion, 1 hand and 1 body soap disks), priority Spa reservations (must be made by 6 pm on embarkation day). Passengers booked in Cloud 9 Spa cabins also enjoy Spa treatment discounts while the ship is docked in ports of call – 20% off (1st), 30% off (2nd) and 40% off (3rd treatment).
- Premium Vista Balcony cabins are located around the ship’s aft corners and have same suite amenities (incl a wrap-around balcony).
- Extended Balcony cabins are in 2 grades – 8N and 8M (both with aft ship location). These staterooms have 50% larger balconies, 3 closets (in all grades balcony rooms), full bathroom (shower).
- Oceanview cabins have a picture window and twin beds don’t convert to king when both upper beds are in use. Some have a sofa and/or upper beds (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Spa Oceanview rooms are with obstructed views, and some are with upper bed (Pullman) for 4th person.
- Inside cabins with windows have either Porthole Window (PT, on decks 1 and 2) or Picture Window (4J, on decks 6, 7, 9 and 10-Lido). Some Porthole cabins have a sofa bed for a 3rd person, some Picture Window rooms have a sofa and/or upper bed (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Small Inside cabins have bunk beds (upper/lower Pullman beds), living area (vanity, chair), bathroom (shower).
- The list of new categories Carnival Vista Family cabins (called “Family Harbor”) includes FS-Suites, FM-Cove Balcony, FJ-Deluxe Oceanview, FE-Oceanview, and FA-Interior. Carnival cruise rooms for families are designed with larger living area and have bigger capacity via double sofa beds and additional bunk beds. Family Harbor cabins are all located near the Family Harbor Lounge – an exclusive complex for families, offering 24-hour dining options, concierge service, board and video games, movies.
- The new category Havana accommodations (staterooms and suites) are advertised as “private island resort” on the ship. All of them are located near to the Havana complex (pool, bar, club lounge), The Havana Cabana suite features a rain shower and a deluxe hammock on the balcony.
- All Carnival Vista cabins as amenities have living area (vanity, seating), flat TV, direct-dial phone, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes, lifejackets (in the closet), bathroom amenity basket (replenished upon request), custom-made beds (Carnival Comfort Bed System), beach towels, mini-bar/fridge, individual air-conditioning, 24-hour room service. Bibles (Gideon version) are provided upon request.
- USB chargers (combined with power outlets) are located in the cabin’s sitting area – right above the vanity desk (underneath its lighted mirror) and not near the beds. The available power plugs are three – two 120 V (3-prong, US standard) and one 220 V (European standard). USB outlets are 5 V (1000 mA). There is one power outlet in the bathroom (used only for electric razors). Guests are allowed to bring their own power strips, extension cords (without surge protectors), AC adapters and multi-plug boxes (powerboards with multiple electrical sockets).
- The Carnival’s Sail & Sign card (cashless onboard credit account) doubles as stateroom key. The S&S credit program allows charges on purchases and tips/gratuities directly to a personal account throughout the Carnival cruise. The card has a designated owner and must be utilized for all money transactions on the ship as cash is accepted as a form of payment only at the casino. These cards are provided to all passengers (incl minors) immediately upon boarding the ship. Balance updates are provided at Guest Services desk (at any time). They can also be checked via the interactive TV in each stateroom.
- The ship’s interactive TV system allows passengers to purchase movies on demand, to order room service and to check the Sail & Sign account’s status. The on-demand movie list has approx 25 films available for ordering at USD 5 per movie. Adult-content films cost USD 10 per movie.
- Depending on satellite reception (Carnival Vista location at sea), the complimentary in-cabin TV programming includes the following channels: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CNN (Domestic, International, Espanol), TCM (classic movies), cartoons (Boomerang, CN), TNT, TBS. There are 2 complimentary movie channels showing a film every 3 hours (both starting at 12 noon). One shows all-time favorites (PG -13 rated) and the other shows all-time family favorites (G / PG rated). The following TV channels are Carnival-themed and also complimentary: Fun Finds TV, Cruise Director, Fun Aboard, Park West Art, Shore Tours, Ship Position, live cam views (webcams positioned forward and on lido deck), Audible Funtimes, Photo, Music. Sporting events (ESPN, ESPN 2) are shown only on big screens – at the ship’s Sports Bar and Seaside Theatre (not in cabins/suites). All the TV’s connection ports are intentionally disabled, which makes impossible to connect it with personal devices (cameras, DVDs, USBs, iPods, gaming consoles, etc).
- Bathroom amenities vary each time, so it’s advisable you bring your own. Samples may include toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, body lotion, razor, antiacids. There is a wall-mounted dispenser in the shower stall (for liquid soap and shampoo).
- Electric power outlets are located in the desk/vanity area – one 110 V outlet (3-pronged, USA grounded) and one 220 V outlet (European standard). The bathroom’s 2-pin plug can be used only for electric razors.
- The new Carnival beds are Europe-manufactured exclusively for the company. The ensemble includes custom pillows (trademarked “New Generation Pillows”, 100% cotton), duvet (100% hypoallergenic, ultra-fine, satin-striped), cover, deluxe sheets (high-quality cotton), pillowcases (ultra-fine, satin-striped), 8-inch / 20 cm spring mattresses (trademarked “Carnival Comfort”). Alternative (non-allergenic) bedding is also available. It includes 100% polyester blankets, sheets and pillowcases (60/40 cotton-polyester) and New Generation Pillows (100% cotton). Note: Trundle beds don’t have Carnival Comfort mattresses.
- Carnival-logoed Beach Towels are provided in each cruise accommodation for passengers to take ashore. Beach towels are also available for purchasing (at $22). Bathrobes (2) are provided in all cruise suites and also in “Cloud 9 Spa” cabins/suites. Additional bathrobes are provided upon request. For all other cruise accommodations, bathrobes are provided (upon request) during the turndown service on the first evening. Bathrobes can be purchased at $49 (adult size) and $24 (children sizes /2-4 yo and 6-8 yo).
- Life jackets are used in cases of emergency only (not at the ship pools). Lifejackets are located within passenger/crew cabins (in the closet). They are available in 3 sizes – adult, child, and infant.
- Each of the cabins has a safe (located in the closet) with approx dimensions (inches/centimeters) – width (10/25), height (9/23) and depth (8/20). Cabin safes can be accessed by any magnetic strip card. It is advisable not to use a valid credit card (or driver’s license), but an old expired card (or some rewards card) instead. Some safes are with a keypad (personal code). Safes can be opened also by the ship’s security.
- All cruise cabin and suite mini-bars are stocked with premium liquors ($6-9,25), beer ($6,25), energy drinks ($5), soft soda/beverages ($2), bottled water ($3,75).
- In-cabin babysitting is not available (read more at Camp Ocean below). Cribs in cruise cabins are provided complimentary (upon request). In Main Dining Rooms are provided complimentary high chairs and booster seats.
- Smoking in cabins/suites and on their balconies is prohibited. On Carnival Vista, smoking allowed areas (cigarettes /incl electronic cigarettes) are the Casino (designated areas) and Vista Bar (deck 4 lobby bar). Smoking (incl of cigars and tobacco pipes) is allowed on designated outdoor areas on Deck 11 starboard (aft).
- Funville@Sea is free of charge Intranet service providing information on onboard activities and events schedule, bar and restaurant menus, deck maps, Fun Times (newspaper), FunAshore (tour guides), Carnival cruise news, itinerary-related weather reports, onboard social network (tracking/messaging other passengers). The complimentary service is available via the Infotainment system (in all cabins) and also at the FunHub stations around the ship.
Current Carnival Vista gratuities (per day per person) are USD 12,95 (for standard cabin passengers) and USD 13,95 for suite passengers. The list of perks for all suites includes: priority embarkation/debarkation/tendering (all ports), priority main dining room reservations, complimentary bottled water in cabins, a complimentary bag of laundry (one per cruise), enhanced turndown service.
Since 2017, Carnival Cruise Line offers a new program allowing ship passengers to customize their steward service by choosing to have the cabin serviced in the morning, at night or both (twice a day). All guests can choose from a list of additional cabin amenities, among which are bathrobes, extra pillows, blankets, closet hangers. All guests can also specify how often the bed linens to be changed during the cruise. Your personal preferences can be selected from a services menu card left in each of the ship’s staterooms. By default, if you make no selections on the card, your room service steward will service the accommodation twice daily.
Cruise Ship Room Service
In 2016, Carnival Cruise Lines rolled out fleetwide for-fee (chargeable) room service menu, which items can be ordered 24/7. The new menu still has free of charge items – hot and cold sandwiches, salads, desserts, beverages, Continental Breakfast selections. At extra cost (ranging between USD 1,50 and 6) are items that include shrimp, also sushi, pizza, quesadillas, cheesesteaks, chicken wings/tenders, fries. Bar drinks orders through room service are at regular bar menu prices (no extra fee added).
Complimentary room service menu
- Continental Breakfast (upon request)
- Sandwiches are served with potato salad, coleslaw, potato chips/pretzels, bread (white, whole wheat, rye, gluten-free). The list of sandwiches includes Tuna Salad, Roast Turkey, Ham & Cheese, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato, Grilled Cheese, Grilled Reuben (corned beef, Swiss cheese).
- Salads – Garden, Caesar, Vegetable Platter (with dips)
- Desserts – cheesecake, cookies, chocolate cake
- Beverages – juices (tomato, orange, apple, grapefruit), tea (hot, iced), hot chocolate, milk, soft drinks (club soda, ginger ale, tonic water, coke, and sprite /also diet)
- Beers – domestic (Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Samuel Adams), imported (Heineken, Corona, Stella Artois), also available are beer buckets and wines by the bottle.
For-fee room service menu
The following items are available for ordering 24 hours but are at an additional charge.
- Chicken Wings ($5) – choice of Honey BBQ, Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan, Buffalo Sauce, Caribbean Jerk
- Chicken Tenders ($5) – choice of sauce (BBQ or Honey Mustard)
- Firecracker Shrimp ($6) – fried with chili ginger, served with fries
- Chicken Quesadilla ($5)
- Philly Cheesesteak ($5) – served with fries
- Pan Pizza ($5) – handmade and baked-to-order (Cheese, Pepperoni, Ham, and Pineapple)
- French Fries ($1,50), Sweet Potato Fries ($2), Banana Split ($4).
Continental Breakfast room service menu
The following items are available for ordering free of charge.
- Cereals and Fruits – Banana, Melon, Frosted Flakes, Special K, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Bakery – toasts (white, wheat, gluten-free), danish pastries, muffins, croissants, bagels
- Yogurt – plain, strawberry, peach, raspberry
- Drinks – juices (orange, apple, tomato, grapefruit), hot tea, milk (also skim and chocolate), fresh coffee (regular and decaf)
- Half-and-half (milk-cream), butter, margarine, cream cheese, jelly (grape, diet, strawberry, guava), honey, orange marmalade.