Review of MSC Seashore deck 8 (Ocean Cay-Promenade-Spa-Pools)
Note: Deck 8 is named after Ocean Cay Lighthouse (on MSC's private island Ocean Cay, Bahamas).
The fore-located "Juliet Balcony" is the crew sundeck with one large-size Jacuzzi (spa pool) and sunbathing area with loungers and deckchairs.
MSC AUREA SPA (ship's wellness complex) is sized 2410 m2 (spa and sports facilities). Priority lift access is provided to MSC Aurea Spa cabin passengers. Wellness facilities include
- Spa Wellness Area (with Swimming Pool)
- Thalasso Area (with Thalassotherapy Pool), Thalasso Room (body treatments)
- Solarium (sundeck area)
- Yoga Studio, Nail Salon & Boutique
- Massages and Treatments Rooms (including a selection of Balinese massages)
- Medi SPA (botox, filler, anti-aging facials and body treatments)
- Beauty Parlor (makeup-waxing-nail services)
- Barber Shop (men's wellness and male grooming services and treatments)
- Jean Louis David Hair Salon (hairdresser / cutting-coloring-styling, hair treatments)
- Spa Reception (Waiting Area), Doctor
- Fitness Centre (MSC Gym by Technogym/open between 9 am - 10 pm) has an External Gym Area and features floor-ceiling windows, cardio equipment, treadmills, exercise bikes (including Pro and recumbent), Kinesis machines, free weights training area, separate spinning room and circuit training area, separate studio (for classes). Yoga, pilates and group bike training cost EUR 10 per person per hour. A fitness package (including 3 personal training sessions and 2 body analyzer scans) costs EUR 59.
- SPA Gym and Shop (retail shopping for haircare-skincare-beauty products from premium brands, Armani sportswear)
- Thermal Area (dark/bright sensory steam bath), Finnish Sauna Room, Emotional Showers, Kneipp Therapy Room, Salt Room, Snow Room, Relax Room (with heated benches)
MSC Business Center
Broadcasting Room (TV recording room)
Sports Bar serves drinks and finger food, and is fitted with bar stools and large HDTVs (live-streaming sporting events).
Shops (Fashion Jewelry, Fine Jewelry, MSC Shop)
MSC Excursions Desk provides MSC Cruises shore excursions/tours booking and information.
HOLA! Tacos & Cantina (specialty Latino restaurant)
Art Gallery & Shop
The Wine Cellar (wine bar)
Kaito Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar (specialty Japanese restaurant) - Teppanyaki Restaurant by Roy Yamaguchi is dinner-only, and with live cooking stations.
Butcher's Cut (specialty Steakhouse restaurant with indoor and alfresco seating) Butcher's Cut (with exclusive Chef's Table/VIP Dining Room) is at fixed charge pp (EUR 49, pre-set menu) or with ordering from a la carte-priced menu. The steakhouse offers brunch (sea days only) with a la carte menu (omelets, carnitas, sandwiches, pancakes, surf-and-turf, desserts, premium wines. Butcher's Cut is open for lunch and dinner.
Ocean Cay by Ramon Freixa is a specialty seafood restaurant at fixed charge pp (EUR 49, pre-set menu) or with ordering from an a la carte priced menu.
Venchi 1878 Gelato (ice cream and creperie bar by Venchi / Italian gourmet chocolate manufacturer)
The aft-located Infinity Pool is a swimming pool with half-submerged concrete loungers (extends directly to the stern) with 2x Infinity Jacuzzis (portside and starboard/10-seat each), Infinity Bridge and served by Infinity Bar (beverages).