Review of Viking Polaris deck 2 (Spa-Aula)
- Expedition Central is a special lounge serving as Photography Studio, Photo Gallery and Coffee Bar.
- The ship’s wellness complex consists of Fitness Center and Nordic Spa. The Spa complex has Nordic Spa Badestamp (Hot Tub Room), unisex Sauna, Treatment Rooms (for massages), Thermal Suite, Hydrotherapy Pool, 2x Therapy Showers (including a cold-water bucket shower), changing rooms (male/female lockers with bathrobes and slippers). Each of the changing rooms has its own sauna room, showers and relaxation area (with floor-ceiling windows, cushioned chairs, water dispenser). The free of charge Thermal Suite has 4x heated ceramic loungers and a cold-water Thalasso pool with a separate hot tub portion. At the Treatment Rooms are offered professional massages, facials, body scrubs. The Nordic Spa promotes the repetition of cold and hot therapies which practice boosts blood circulation, body detoxification, and muscle relaxation. Viking Expeditions’ Spa facilities are designed and operated via partnership with LivNordic - wellness brand of Raison d’Etre Spas (London-based spa management company).
- The Fitness Center is adjacent to the Salon (Coffee Bar / Relaxation Lounge). The Gym Room has floor-ceiling windows (portside views) and modern TechnoGym equipment - treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary bikes, free weights, resistance machines, TRX trainers, Kinesis machines. Personal training is available at extra charge.
- Beauty Salon is served by certified beauty therapists and hairdressers. It offers hairdresser and nail services for women (manicures, pedicures, haircuts, colouring, styling), There is a separate barbershop.
- The adjacent to the Salon “Shop” sells handmade gifts and souvenirs, as well as Viking Cruises-logoed merchandise and spa products (soaps, lotions, scrubs, oils, bath soaks, gift baskets).
- The Blue Room
- Cruise cabins from 2000 to 2037, all of which are Nordic Balcony cabins (French Balcony staterooms) in categories N1 and N2.
- Lifts and staircase access - four Atrium Lifts (glass-walled elevators) connect all decks. A 5th Lift (aft) is wheelchair-accessible and interconnects decks 2 through 5.
The aft-located Aula Auditorium is a glass-walled auditorium (with tiered seating) hosting lectures, media presentations, itinerary-themed port talks, live entertainment programs. The lounge has floor-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows (providing 270-degree unobstructed views) and an outdoor deck seating (Finse Terrace). Aula Auditorium also doubles as Conference Hall/Theater/Cinema, being fitted with a retractable screen (covering the entire window wall towards the stern) and latest sound and visual equipment. Aula Auditorium provides direct access to Finse Terrace, which makes it an indoor-outdoor observation lounge.
Finse Terrace is an outdoor lounge (adjacent to Aula Auditorium) with comfortable seating (padded sofas) and heated by firepits (heated lava rocks). Weather permitting, Finse Terrace also provides alfresco dining and drinking experience.