The premium travel brand Oceania Cruises announced that its Riviera ship would sail in Asia for the first time due to unprecedented demand this 2023-2024 season.
The 2022-refurbished vessel will offer travelers a stylish way to explore some of the most breathtaking locales across Asia, putting culinary excellence and cultural immersion at the heart of the experience.
The 1238-passenger Oceania Riviera will stun in Asia by charting an inaugural season in the region, operating through India, Arabia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Japan, China, Malaysia, South Korea, and the Philippines. The new season of the ship brings 25 unique voyages ranging between 10-82 days.
Additionally, Oceania's ships Regatta and Nautica expand the line's offerings in the South Pacific, exploring sought-after destinations like Australia, New Zealand, and French Polynesia.
The new sailings nearly doubled the seasonal availability with a total of 121 itineraries available for bookings across Insignia, Nautica, Regatta, and Riviera, cementing Oceania's position as the leading destination-/culinary-focused line operating in Asia.
Riviera had a sweeping rejuvenation - all of her staterooms/suites debuted reimagined residential comfort with custom furnishings, designer accents, and wood finishes. Highlights of the reimagined ship include:
- Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms/Veranda Staterooms are the largest standard staterooms afloat (291 ft2 / 27 m2)
- All staterooms bring a warm/comforting sense of home with novel furnishings and sleek restyled bathrooms
- All stateroom bathrooms boast illustrious Italian marble and bespoke fabrics in harmonious tones
- Riviera's public spaces were elevated with plush new carpets/leather-covered armchairs
- All convivial lounges, decadent dining venues, and tony bars were restyled, elevating social/epicurean experiences
- The Grand Dining Room reflects a sense of grandeur that radiates from the plush carpets, butter-soft leather armchairs, and glistening chandelier
- Dining alfresco has been revamped with a new trattoria, featuring wood-fired pizzas, tantalizing salads, succulently grilled Italian specialties, and indulgent desserts.
Riviera is scheduled to sail 25 voyages, ranging between 10-82 days, offering destination-rich experiences in ports like Cochin (India), Busan (South Korea), Yangon (Myanmar), Phuket, and Bangkok (Thailand).
For the first time in the history of Oceania Cruises, Nautica and Regatta boast impressive itineraries across French Polynesia and the South Pacific, with 20+ voyages highlighting some of the region's most sought-after ports, including Bora Bora, Moorea, Rangiroa, Raiatea, and Tahiti (Papeete). The South Pacific sailings range between 10-41 days, including a return to Australia & New Zealand for Regatta; as well as Nautica sailing through India, Arabia, and Southeast Asia.
Sample voyages include:
- 12-day Land of the Rising Sun roundtrip from Tokyo (Japan) - ship Riviera (March-April 2024)
- 72-day Epic Eastern Explorer from Mumbai (India) to Tokyo (Japan) - ship Riviera (early January 2024)
- 34-day Constellation of Islands from Singapore to Papeete (Tahiti) - ship Nautica (late December 2023)
- 14-day Empires of Asia from Tokyo (Japan) to Hong Kong - ship Regatta (late October 2023).