Celebrity Summit completed a dramatic transformation. The revitalization of the ship is the next chapter of THE CELEBRITY REVOLUTION, line's extensive modernization effort, with over US$500 million in upgrades across the fleet of Celebrity Cruises.
Celebrity Summit’s enhancements include:
- Redesigned staterooms and suites
- Reimagined bars, lounges, and restaurants
- Redesigned casino and SPA
- The addition of The Retreat (suite passengers only/exclusive lounge and sundeck).
The bow-to-stern transformation of Celebrity Summit began on February 17 in Freeport. The vessel spent 31 days in the hands of thousands of architects, artisans, engineers, contractors, designers, and members of Celebrity's team who collaborated to ensure the flawless execution of the modernization.
When updating staterooms and suites, Celebrity collaborated with international hospitality firm HBA (Hirsch Bedner Associates) to transform the cabins, while turning to popular designer Kelly Hoppen, MBE, to refresh the suites and bring The Retreat to Summit.
Enhancements made to the ship's staterooms and suites include:
- New stateroom design via the partnership with HBA as well as refreshed suite design by Kelly Hoppen
- Redesigned stateroom bathrooms, featuring state-of-the-art fixtures and finishes
- Celebrity’s eXhale bedding with luxurious Cashmere mattresses
- All-new exclusive open-air hideaway, The Retreat Sundeck, for suite passengers designed by Hoppen, with a new hot tub, artwork, cabanas, loungers, and more
- The Retreat Lounge (former Michael’s Club) exclusive 24/7 lounge for suite passengers designed by Hoppen, featuring concierge service, complimentary beverages, and gourmet bites
- 30 new staterooms, of which 13 new AquaClass Staterooms, 7 new Ocean View Staterooms, 10 new Inside Staterooms.
Celebrity Cruises reimagined many of the lounges and restaurants found onboard Celebrity Summit. In collaboration with New York hospitality design firm BG Studio International, the brand revealed:
- Transformed Oceanview Cafe, with a new open concept featuring increased seating options and globally inspired culinary offerings
- Revitalized Main Dining Room featuring more seating, updated fixtures, unique ceiling design with interlocking metal rings and lighting
- Reimagined Sunset Bar with various seating options best for cocktails with a view or alfresco dining
- Reimagined Rendezvous Lounge, best for hosting entertainment and events.
Passengers will find luxurious enhancements across the cruise ship, such as:
- New, wellness-focused design for Canyon Ranch at Sea SPA, transforming the salon, fitness center, locker rooms, and treatment rooms
- New, semi-private consultation area in the gym for consultations and personal training
- Enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite with therapeutic spaces and experiences like an infrared sauna, salt therapy, and Turkish bath
- Xcelerate Wi-Fi throughout the cruise ship along with the addition of RFID lock technology with digital key
- Boutiques featuring some of the world's hottest designers including John Hardy, Shinola, and TAG Heuer
- Enhanced Art Gallery & Photo Gallery, along with a sophisticated design for The Casino via the partnership with HBA
- Redesigned Casino Bar, poised to be among the most exciting spots onboard with state-of-the-art slot machines making The Casino one of the most cutting-edge experiences at sea.
Celebrity Summit is the 2nd “Revolutionary” redesign for the cruise brand, with Celebrity Equinox due to enter dry-dock in May this year and 6 more vessels to be refurbished by 2023.