Princess Cruises announced that its largest Australia & New Zealand season ever offered sailing to some of the most dramatic destinations in the world from October 2020 through May 2021.
Afleet of 5 Princess liners are due to service the 2020-2021 season, with total capacity over 220,000 passengers, and 127 total departures on 70+ itineraries, ranging in length from 2 to 35 days. Passengers can explore Australia's natural wonders, New Zealand's cultural discoveries, and the island paradises of Fiji, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu, and more.
The season includes 80 destinations in a total of 19 countries, from 6 homeports, including:
- Adelaide (new port) and Perth (Fremantle) – Sea Princess
- Brisbane – Sun Princess
- Melbourne – Sapphire Princess
- Sydney & Auckland – Majestic and Regal Princess.
Highlights of 2020-2021 Princess Cruises Australia New Zealand season include:
- a new 14-day Eastern & Southern Explorer cruise sailing roundtrip from Adelaide on Sea Princess, featuring a maiden call to Eden
- on select New Zealand itineraries, beginning in November 2020, Regal Princess and Majestic Princess return to the rebuilt region of Christchurch (Lyttelton), devastated by an earthquake in February 2011
- offering passengers more to explore while in port, the season offers late-night departures from a total of 14 cities, including Adelaide, Melbourne, and Perth
- access to fourteen UNESCO World Heritage Sites, such as the Sydney Opera House, Fiordland National Park, and Greater Blue Mountains
- two cruise tour options combining a multi-night land tour with a cruise vacation to visit the Great Barrier Reef and Uluru National Park for Ayers Rock.