In 2021, HAL-Holland America Line has an expanded Alaskan program with a full season of voyages and cruise tours (Land+Sea Journeys) showcasing the company’s 70+ years of experience and insider knowledge.
From April through September 2021, 6 HAL liners are deployed in Alaska - Eurodam, Koningsdam, Noordam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Oosterdam and Volendam. Itineraries are roundtrips from Seattle WA and Vancouver BC Canada, as well as one-ways between Whitter (Anchorage) AK and Vancouver.
- ms Koningsdam returns to Alaska with 7-day “Inside Passage” itineraries roundtrip from Vancouver BC and Land+Sea Journeys. HAL is the only cruise line with 7-day roundtrip itineraries from Vancouver BC that include Glacier Bay National Park.
- New for 2021, 7-day “Glacier Discovery Northbound” and “Glacier Discovery Southbound” itineraries sail between Whittier and Vancouver aboard ms Nieuw Amsterdam and ms Noordam. Voyages include a couple of glacier experiences to Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay or College Fjords and ports of call to Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan.
- 7-day “Alaska Inside Passage” itineraries sail roundtrip from Vancouver aboard ms Koningsdam, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Noordam, and ms Volendam. Ports of call include Juneau, Ketchikan, and Skagway
- 7-day “Alaskan Explorer” itineraries sail roundtrip from Seattle aboard ms Eurodam and ms Oosterdam, and include visits to Victoria BC, and Sitka, Ketchikan, and Juneau.
- MS Koningsdam, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, ms Noordam, and ms Volendam will offer Land+Sea Journeys that range from 9 to 18 days.
8 world-renowned chefs guide every aspect of the onboard dining experience, such as Pacific Northwest-inspired cuisine by Ethan Stowell from Seattle WA.
All cruise ships sailing in Alaska feature expanded programming. Passengers can engage with an Alaska naturalist, and voyages with Glacier Bay bring on an Huna native speaker and National Park Ranger. Special presentations explore local topics like Alaska’s bush pilots and the popular Iditarod race.