AQSC-American Queen Steamboat Company announced its 2021 Special Edition Voyages.
With itineraries featuring exceptional cruise programming aboard American Duchess, American Queen, and the newest paddle-wheeler to join the fleet, American Countess, passengers can experience American traditions while creating memories as they sail along the most historic rivers in the U.S.
The 2021 Special Edition Voyages include:
- The Rhythm of the Rivers - a range of musically themed itineraries. American Music Festival voyages feature an exclusive concert by Lee Greenwood along with other special guests. The ‘Big Band’ itinerary is offered from the cities of Memphis TN and New Orleans (Port NOLA, Louisiana). A Music of the 50’s and 60’s itinerary out of Louisville KY to Memphis transports vacationers back in time to one of the most iconic periods of rock ‘n’ roll.
- Culinary & Cocktails. Passengers will find an expansive sampling of historical and local dishes and drinks to choose from along their voyage with the ‘Culinary & Cocktail’ collection. With various offerings, including the ‘Bourbon – An American Spirit’ or ‘Cajun Creole Culinary Experience’ itinerary, the line offers something for everyone. For those looking for a more traditional culinary experience, the AQSC ‘American Culinary Experience’ offers guests aboard American Countess and American Duchess access to signature dishes from local dining venues as well as special presentations by innovators and experts from the culinary industry. Highlights feature Top Chef alumni and James Beard-nominated chef, Kevin Gillespie, who is expected to join several American Culinary Experience cruises on American Duchess and host Q&A sessions, conduct cooking demonstrations, sign cookbooks provided compliments of AQSC, and work directly with the line’s Director of Culinary Operations, Paul Wayland Smith, in order to include signature dishes on the menu.
- Special Events. In addition to ‘The Kentucky Derby’ itinerary and ‘Founders Cruise,’ other special event voyages include the ‘American River Golf Classic’, aboard American Countess featuring a golf package option to play 4 prestigious courses along Lower Mississippi, sailing from Memphis TN to NOLA. The ‘Autumn on the River’ itinerary aboard American Countess, Duchess, and Queen boasts the best in autumn river cruising along the route from Memphis TN to Chattanooga (or the reverse), as well as from Minneapolis to Saint Louis. Previous passengers will benefit from the ‘Past Guest Reunion Cruise’, a special itinerary from Memphis to NOLA aboard American Countess where past passengers can meet old friends as they celebrate the loyalty of American Queen Steamboat Company family guests.
- Holidays. With cruises for Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s aboard American Duchess, American Queen, and American Countess, passengers can experience Southern traditions while creating memories as they sail along America’s most storied rivers. The July 4th ‘Star-Spangled Cruise’ and ‘Salute to Veterans’ itineraries offer the best way to celebrate. For the fall and winter, passengers can choose to spend their holidays with the AQSC family with a range of itineraries, including a ‘Thanksgiving’ itinerary, ‘Home for the Holidays’ voyage, ‘Creole Christmas’, ‘Country Christmas’, and a ‘New Year’s Celebration’ itinerary.
- Giving Back. Passengers can help AQSC support the American Heart Association’s ‘Life Is Why We Give’ campaign via a special cruise from Memphis TN to New Orleans in February aboard American Duchess. The company will donate a portion of the proceeds from its ‘Heart of the Mississippi’ sailing to the special charitable cause, while the crew and guests will be able to raise contributions via participating in a morning 5k walk at Nottoway. The ‘Community Outreach’ itinerary will see passengers working with the communities, visited by American Queen Steamboat Company sailings, to engage with charities and volunteer opportunities as they sail from Louisville to Saint Louis MO aboard American Duchess. AQSC will also offer the ‘Breast Cancer Awareness’ itinerary aboard American Countess from Saint Louis to New Orleans, with booking proceeds going to breast cancer research. The voyage, embarking on October 17, 2021, also features a minimum donation from the cruise line which will donate US$400 for each stateroom booking on American Countess. Along with other program initiatives, AQSC will donate an aggregate guaranteed minimum of US$50,000.
- History & Culture. Specially tailored ‘History & Culture’ sailings offer a glimpse back into the beginnings of river cruising. Cruising aboard American Duchess, the ‘Art of Discovery’ voyage offers 9-day itineraries in June-September featuring a call at Paducah, Kentucky – one of 9 UNESCO Creative Cities in the US and only one of 2 recognized for Crafts & Folk Art. ‘Civil War’ d cruises bring passengers on a journey through the most divided moments of the nation, discovering along the way the culture, history, and stories that have survived. American Queen will sail the route from Memphis to New Orleans during April, May, and October, as well as aboard American Duchess and Countess from Memphis TN to Chattanooga in June, October, and November.
AQSC is expected to resume operations with new health and safety protocols along with an ongoing partnership with Ochsner Health and the company's ‘Safe to Return’ Employer Solutions.