45 °F / 8 °C
Mariehamn is a port city and the capital of Aland Islands (autonomous Finnish territory, covering a total area off approx 1580 km2 / 610 ml2). Mariehamn City covers a total area of approx 21 km2 (8 ml2) and has population around 12,000. The city seats Aland's Government and Parliament, and 40% of Aland's total population (around 30,000) most of which is Swedish-speaking (88%).
- Mariehamn was named after the Russian empress Maria Alexandrovna (1824-1880). The town was established in 1861. Södragatan is one of its oldest streets, with many wooden houses dating back from the 19th century.
- Mariehamn is on a peninsula and features two important harbours - one on the eastern coast and one on the western. Both harbor waterways are ice-free almost the whole year-round, and have no tides.
- Western Harbour is a major international harbor serving the daily traffic to mainland Finland, Sweden and Estonia. The main reason why Baltic Sea ferries stop at port Mariehamn is that Aland Islands are not part of EU customs zone. This means that duty-free merchandise can be sold aboard.
- Aland and Mariehamn have highly reputable heritage in shipping. Anchored in Western Harbour is the museum ship Flying P-Liner Pommern.
- Eastern Harbour has one of Scandinavia's largest yacht marinas. The Dutch steamship Jan Nieveen (aka FP von Knorring) can also be found here.
- Mariehamn Airport is located in the neighbouring Jomala, approx 3 km (2 ml) northwest of the city.
Port Mariehamn cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Mariehamn, Aland, Finland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|9 June, 2019|
|26 June, 2019|
|27 June, 2019|
The Mariehamn cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Mariehamn, Aland, Finland.
If you lose the Mariehamn location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.