Phillip Island is located approx 140 km (87 ml) southeast of Melbourne (Victoria Australia). It covers a total area of approx 100 km2 (40 ml2) and has population around 10,000. During summer, local population increases to around 40,000.
- Named after Arthur Phillip (1738-1814), the first Governor of New South Wales, the island forms a natural breakwater for Western Port's shallow waters. It ha length 26 km (16 ml), width 9 km (6 ml) and coastline 97 km (60 ml).
- A 640-m (2100-ft) concrete bridge links San Remo (mainland Victoria) with Newhaven (Phillip Island). Around 60% of the island is farmland used for grazing of cattle and sheep.
- The western and southern coasts are within Phillip Island Important Bird Area, supporting populations of fairy penguins, Pacific gulls and short-tailed shearwaters. A wildlife park has kangaroos and wallabies roaming freely among the visitors. Seal Rocks (at the western end) has Australia's largest fur seals colony (over 16,000).
- Phillip Island is a popular tourist destination visited by 3,5 million tourists annually. Penguin Parade (baby penguins coming ashore in groups) is held at the Nature Park and attracts numerous visitors from all over the world.
- Phillip Island is also one of the most varied surfing destinations in Australia. here are hosted various surf events, includeing Roxy Pro and Rip Curl Pro. Other events include Pioneer Festival and Churchill Island Working Horse.
Phillip Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Phillip Island AU dock (anchor) at Cowes - port town on the northern coast.
Port Phillip Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Phillip Island, Victoria Australia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|28 October, 2019|
The Phillip Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Phillip Island, Victoria Australia.
If you lose the Phillip Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.