Santa Fe Island (officially Isla Santa Fe, aka Barrington Island) is a small isle with total area approx 24 km2 (9 ml2). It is located in central Galapagos Islands archipelago, and southeast of Santa Cruz Island.
- Geologically, the isle is one of the group's oldest, having around 4 million years old volcanic rocks. Its vegetation consists mainly of brush, palo santo trees, stands of prickly pear cacti.
- Island's fauna is represented by 1 endemic species (Barrington land iguana) and 1 endemic subspecies (Santa Fe rice rat).
- At the beaches of Barrington Bay (cruise ship tourists landing point) can be seen large numbers of sea lions.
- The island has two walking trails, both leading from Barrington Bay beach.
Santa Fe Island cruise terminal
Cruise ships to Santa Fe Island Galapagos dock (anchor) at Barrington Bay - on the northeastern coast.
The following map of Galapagos Islands cruise itineraries shows the two main routes and all island stops (ports / landing sites) in the archipelago.
Santa Fe Island tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- guided walks
- sea kayaking
- daily lecture onboard the cruise ship
Port Santa Fe Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Santa Fe Island, Galapagos. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|1 February, 2019|
|4 February, 2019|
|10 February, 2019|
|15 February, 2019|
|18 February, 2019|
|24 February, 2019|
The Santa Fe Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Santa Fe Island, Galapagos.
If you lose the Santa Fe Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.