MV Santa Cruz II Galapagos last position
MV Santa Cruz II Galapagos last location was at South America West Coast (coordinates -2.19061 S / -80.01624 W) cruising The AIS position was reported 1 day ago.Current Position
Specifications of MV Santa Cruz II Galapagos
|Year built||2002 / Age: 19|
|Builder||ASENAV Shipyard (Valdivia, Chile)|
|Speed||13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph|
|Length (LOA)||71 m / 233 ft|
|Beam (width)||13 m / 43 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2664 gt|
|Passengers||90 - 100|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||Mare Australis|
MV Santa Cruz II Galapagos Review
Review of MV Santa Cruz II Galapagos
The 2002-built MV Santa Cruz 2 yacht cruise ship was acquired by Metropolitan Touring from Cruceros Australis in 2014. The vessel was formerly named "Mare Australis". Following the 2015 drydock refurbishment, it was renamed to "Santa Cruz II".
Santa Cruz II Galapagos cruise itinerary program offers exclusively Galapagos Islands voyages with departures from Baltra Island (Ecuador, South America). Metropolitan Touring Galapagos expedition cruise deals are inclusive of airfare (domestic flights between Quito and Baltra).
The 5-deck passenger vessel has a total of 50 staterooms, including single cabins, double and triple cabins, plus three Darwin Suites. Dining options include "Beagle Restaurant" MDR (open-seating) and Panorama Bar & Lounge (al fresco dining). Other facilities include Expedition Lounge & Library, Fitness Room, Solarium/Sun Deck, Panorama Veranda, Expedition Veranda, Discovery Room, 2 Whirlpools, gift shop, 24-hour coffee station, WiFi hotspot, forward-viewing platform (located in front of the Navigation Bridge), kids play area.
Santa Cruz 2 Galapagos cruise itineraries
Santa Cruz II Galapagos Islands itineraries are operated the whole year-round with round-trips from Isla Baltra. Arrivals and departures are to and from Baltra Airport.
- 4-nights / 5-days "Northern Galapagos" itinerary is operated weekly from Monday to Friday. It visits the Galapagos islands Baltra (South Seymour), Las Bachas (lagoons, wildlife - flamingos), Santiago (Buccaneer Cove, wildlife - sea lions, birds; Puerto Egas - snorkeling, swimming), Rabida (swimming), Bartolome (hiking, swimming), Genovesa (wildlife - marine birds), San Cristobal (Puerto Baquerizo Moreno).
- 4-nights / 5-days "Eastern Galapagos" itinerary is operated weekly from Saturday to Wednesday. It visits the Galapagos islands San Cristobal (Punta Pitt), Santa Fe (bay swimming, snorkeling), South Plaza (wildlife - iguanas, marine birds), Santa Cruz (Charles Darwin Research Station), Espanola (Punta Suarez - marine wildlife - iguanas, sea lions, birds; Gardner Bay - glass-bottom boating, snorkeling, swimming).
- 5-nights / 6-days "Western Galapagos" itinerary is operated weekly from Wednesday to Monday. It visits the Galapagos islands Baltra (South Seymour), North Seymour, Isabela (Punta Vicente Roca, Tagus Cove), Fernandina (Punta Espinosa, Urbina Bay), Santa Cruz (Charles Darwin Research Station), Floreana (Post Office Bay, Punta Cormorant).
Santa Cruz 2 Galapagos cruise prices
The following Santa Cruz II cruise prices are indicative, depending on the cabin location:
- Horizon Deck (triple) - 5-days (USD 3200), 6-days (USD 4000)
- Horizon Deck (double) - 5-days (USD 3400), 6-days (USD 4250)
- Horizon Deck (single) - 5-days (USD 4650), 6-days (USD 5800) - only 2 single-occupancy rooms are available
- Expedition Deck (double) - 5-days (USD 3550), 6-days (USD 4450)
- Panorama Deck (double) - 5-days (USD 3650), 6-days (USD 4550)
- Panorama Deck Suite (double) - 5-days (USD 4150), 6-days (USD 5150) - only 3 Suite accommodations are available
MV Santa Cruz II Galapagos - user reviews and comments
MV Santa Cruz II Galapagos Wiki
The ship's inaugural Galapagos cruise (Maiden Voyage) started on October 10, 2015. The special voyage was attended by Paulina Burbano de Lara (Metropolitan Touring's Executive President). The cruise ship arrived in Galapagos on October 7, 2015, following the christening ceremony held in Guayaquil Ecuador, on October 5.
This is a modern-design small cruise vessel looking more like a luxury mega-yacht. Each Galapagos Islands expedition voyage is guided by seven wildlife experts on the ship. Among them, an Expedition Leader organizes and supervises each of the island tours (price-inclusive). Among the activities on board and ashore (all complimentary) are glass bottom boat tours, snorkelling, swimming, sea kayaking.
The ship replaced the old Santa Cruz I, operating in Galapagos for a total of 36 years. The new ship offers 4-, 5- and 9-night itineraries.
MV Santa Cruz II Galapagos User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review