Of all Mariner cruise ship cabins, 775 (or 48%) have private balcony views, and 569 are with 3rd/4th bed. Wheelchair accessible are 26 staterooms. The total number of cabin categories is 29, including the "Guaranteed" categories W-Suite, X-Balcony, Y-Oceanview, and Z-Inside.
Follows the review of RCI Mariner of the Seas staterooms as amenities, furniture, and services:
- All Mariner of the Seas Suites have king bed, large-size bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, separate shower), vanity area, walk-in closet, large living area (queen-size sofabed, dining area/pantry, wet bar, kitchen, dining table), private balcony (sliding floor-ceiling doors, whirlpool bathtub, sun loungers).
- Guests in all Suites (excluding Junior Suites only) enjoy the following bonus amenities: Concierge Service (24-hour Concierge Lounge access /continental breakfast, hours d’ oeuvres, CD/DVD library, private parties arrangements, priority services (Salon/Spa reservations, booking RCI cruise tours/excursions, dining reservations).
- RCI Royal Suite accommodations have 2 separate bedrooms (each has 2 twin beds /convertible to queen), plus another room with bunk beds (for 3rd/4th person). Additional amenities in Royal Suites are media centre (surround sound, large flat TV, stereo, CD/DVD player), baby grand piano.
- Royal Family Suites have 2 separate bedrooms (each with 2 twin beds /to queen), another room with 3rd/4th bunk beds, living room (vanity, double sofa bed, dining table), 2 separate bathrooms (both with shower, one has a bathtub).
- All balcony staterooms are with floor-ceiling sliding doors opening to a private veranda. On the Royal Caribbean Mariner ship, cabin balconies on decks 7 and above have plexiglass, while those on deck 6 are with steel railings. All portside and starboard balconies are with in-hull design. Solid metal rises up to 3 ft / 1 m from deck floor, while the other part of the railing is open. Aft-location verandas have larger metal structures. Aft-facing balconies are warmer compared to the other ones during cold-weather cruise itineraries. Side-location balconies offer better views since the ones closer to the middle are more enclosed. The ship’s mid-aft part is humped (wider). Cabins on the aft hump’s outer part are premium location staterooms.
- You can save money by booking a forward/aft stateroom in the category you are interested in. Their sizes and features (amenities) are the same as of the more expensive mid-location staterooms.
- Category FO-Family Oceanview cabins are perfect for families with more kids. Sized 230 ft2 (22 m2), they accommodate up to 6 passengers making them a cheaper alternative to booking connecting cabins. Each FOV stateroom has 2 large picture windows (round-shaped), separate bedroom (with Pullman beds / upper-lower bunk beds), large living area (1 double sofa bed, 2 twin beds /convertible), minibar, more seating and closet space, bathroom (WC/shower).
- All Oceanview cabins have a Picture Window (round-shaped window, size is 24-inch / 61 cm). Fore-location oceanview rooms have one round-shaped window overlooking the ship’s bow.
- Atrium Promenade staterooms (category PR-Promenade View) are a unique type of inside cabins with bowed windows overlooking the Atrium’s Royal Promenade. The room’s bowed window gives more interior space and is also a great vantage point to watch the Royal Promenade’s “street” activities – including the parade each evening. Remember to keep the curtains closed at night as there are Promenade cabins across the street too.
- All Mariner of the Seas cabins as amenities have 2 twin beds (convertible to queen), ample closet/drawer space, private bathroom (shower, hair dryer, bath products), sitting area (desk, drawers, vanity, sofa), flat TV, individual air-conditioning, direct-dial phone, safe, radio, minibar, Internet access, 24 hour room service (5-12 am /complimentary).
- Some staterooms have either sofa bed or upper/bunk beds (Pullman beds) for 3rd/4th person. The twin bed size is 36 x 82 inch (90 x 210 cm).
- In-cabin babysitting is available at an hourly fee (US$19 per kid) for 4 kids per stateroom max.
- For in-cabin use can be borrowed movies, toys, and games suitable for kids with autism.
- RCI’s new Wi-Fi costs US$15 per device per day (50% discount on a second device). The Wi-Fi is always on (shipwide coverage) and super fast (even for streaming movies).