Review of Celebrity Beyond deck 5 (Eden2)
- The fore-located Theater (upper level 3 of 3) is fleet's most technologically advanced show lounge with 7 stage areas (3 large and 4 smaller). Here are held fleet's largest number of production shows, with the largest number of performing crew on any premium-brand ship. Theater's main stage is extending (into the audience) and flanked by two directional rotating platforms raising over 2 m (7 ft) above main stage. Lounge's design and technology also features 2 rotating spiral staircases, 10 synchronized (mobile) projection screens, 16 video mapping laser projectors, rigging for aerial performances. Ship's Theatre offers 5 new full shows, including Shakespeare-based "A Hot Summer Night’s Dream" (with acrobatics), "The Jewelry Box" (technological), "Kaleidoscope" (high-energy music and dance), and 2 new "Headline Residency" program-based shows – "Get Up" (pop concert by Black Skull Creative) and "The Purpose" (celebrating the inner self).
- The Club (upper level 2 of 2) is a dual-purpose venue with large dance floor, stage for live performances, giant LED screen and served by its own 2 bars. During the day, The Club offers fun activities and games (including Funovation Laser Maze Challenge, Drone Hunting, laser obstacle course, dance classes, trivia). At night, it transforms into the disco nightclub "Undercover at The Club". The nightly program is themed on the US Prohibition era, with menu offering signature 1920s craft cocktails and aerial saxophonist performances. Andromeda body scanner allows passengers to become someone else for the entire evening. Hypno Cam Experience is a dance party, in which an Ultra HD camera is passed around and all photos are instantly displayed on the LED screen.
- Fine Cut Steakhouse ($55 PP surcharge) is a premium steakhouse and seafood restaurant. The menu features Berkshire pork belly, pan-seared scallops, filet mignon (6- or 9-oz), herb-marinated veal chop (14-oz), USDA prime boneless ribeye (14-oz) and NY Strip (14-oz), braised beef short ribs, grilled sea bass, split-roasted Maine lobster, lamb chops, barley bourguignon risotto. There are 6 side dishes in the menu, including parmesan truffle steak fries, creamy mushroom fricassee, smoked bacon mac and cheese, creamed spinach.
- "Raw on 5" is an a la carte priced seafood restaurant open for dinner. Diners here can also eat on the Magic Carpet (“Dinner on the Edge”). The raw bar offers hot and cold items, including crabs, lobsters, oysters, sushi, sashimi, shrimp salad, lobster rolls, New England clam chowder, Japanese noodles, caviar, edamame, 2 seafood towers.
- Blu Restaurant is exclusive for AquaClass and Suite passengers and offers lighter cuisine ("spa-inspired").
- (aft location) Eden Lounge, Restaurant and Bar complex (mid-level 2 of 3).
- Eden Cafe serves Eden Lounge with complimentary fast-food (sandwiches) for breakfast and lunch and has 2 outdoor areas for al-fresco dining and relaxation.
- Eden Bar serves Eden Lounge with drinks.
- Ramp up to Deck 6
- Note: More information on deck 5 (as facilities and amenities) will be available at later date.
The following official YouTube video reviews the ship's glass-walled Eden Observation Lounge combining dining and nightlife.
Eden is a 3-deck high (aft-location on decks 4, 5, 6) lounge-bar-restaurant venue with live music and show programming changing throughout the day. Eden Lounge measures 10439 m3 (368640 ft3) and covers a total area of 1175 m2 (12650 ft2). The lounge has outward-facing design and combines a signature gastronomic experience (light lunch, 5-course dinner, wine tastings) with live performances, daily lectures, promo events. The lounge has alfresco dining areas on both its sides. In the evening, the lounge transforms into "Eve at Eden", with more provocative entertainment (fusion of performance art, dining and nightlife.
The Eden Restaurant is part of the lounge. The Eden Bar is a food and drinks bar, also serving hand-crafted cocktails.
The lounge's 90-m / 295 ft long ramp envelops the entire space and provides panoramic views. The lounge's unconventional furniture and interiors are designed by Patricia Urquiola (Spain). She also designed the lounge's "Library of Plants" (living garden) and the hanging plant pillars. The lounge's designer is Scott Butler (Wilson Butler Architects, Boston MA). The evening show programming is by Variety Worldwide (NYC New York).
The Grand Plaza serves as ship's epicenter (midship location) spanning 3 decks. The venue mixes modernity and simplicity and was inspired by the charming era of Transatlantic ocean liners.
The unique space has a striking lighting feature - The Chandelier, an art installation rising over Martini Bar to the ceiling 3 decks above. It is composed of 5 levels and a total of 765 blades illuminated via dynamic LED strips changing their colors from day to night, The Chandelier weighs 7 tons.
The Grand Plaza houses many of liner's new specialty restaurants, including Fine Cut Steakhouse and Raw on 5 (Deck 5) Le Grand Bistro and Cafe al Bacio (Deck 4), Grand Plaza Cafe (Deck 3), Italian piazzas. At its center (Deck 3) is Martini Bar. Adorning the edges of Grand Plaza are hand-stitched mesh screens that combine over 13,500 art pieces made of leather, fabric and metal.
Grand Plaza's cafes are the perfect choice for "coffee breaks" - from morning cappuccino to afternoon tea and pre-dinner cocktails - while enjoying live entertainment. In the evenings, Grand Plaza transforms into ship's social hub with live music performances.