Review of MSC Seaview deck 8 (Atlantic Ocean-Lido-Spa)
The fore-located “Juliet Balcony” is the crew sundeck with one large-size Jacuzzi (spa pool) and sunbathing area with loungers and deckchairs. Waterfront Boardwalk is an outdoor Promenade Deck with seating (for bars and lounges).
Part of the open-air Promenade Deck are two catwalks (panoramic glass-bottomed platforms with glass railings). Each of them is 130-ft / 40-m long and extends beyond the ship’s edge (location midship – portside and starboard).
MSC AUREA SPA (ship's wellness complex) is sized 2300 m2 (spa and sports facilities). Priority lift access is provided to MSC Aurea Spa cabin passengers. Wellness facilities include
- Spa Wellness Area (with Swimming Pool)
- Thalasso Area (with Thalassotherapy Pool), Thalasso Room (body treatments)
- Solarium (sundeck area)
- Yoga Studio, Nail Salon
- Massages and Treatments Rooms
- Medi SPA (botox, filler, anti-aging facials and body treatments)
- Beauty Parlor (makeup-waxing-nail services)
- Barber Shop (men's wellness and male grooming services and treatments)
- Jean Louis David Hair Salon (hairdresser / cutting-coloring-styling, hair treatments)
- Spa Reception (Waiting Area), Doctor
- Fitness Centre (size 870 m2, MSC Gym Powered by Technogym) with External Gym Area
- SPA Gym and Shop (retail shopping for haircare-skincare-beauty products from premium brands, Armani sportswear)
- Thermal Area (dark/bright sensory steam bath), Finnish Sauna Room, Emotional Showers, Kneipp Therapy Room, Salt Room, Snow Room, Relax Room (with heated benches)
The Piazza is an indoor square with bars and shops, including Fashion Jewellery Shop (brand jewelry and watches, size 55 m2), MSC Logo Shop (MSC Cruises logoed merchandise, size 67 m2), The Gallery (Jewellery Boutique, size 26 m2).
Atrium with Panoramic Lifts (glass-bottomed and walled)
Broadcasting Room (4-seat TV recording room, size 14 m2)
Sports Bar (155-seat, size 425 m2) serves drinks and finger food, has bar stools and large HDTVs (live-streaming sporting events).
Seaside Lounge (95-seat, size 301 m2) and Seaside Bar (97-seat, size 47 m2) serve premium coffee, gourmet pastries, signature cocktails. The lounge has a stage (for live music performances), dance floor (surface 16 m2), comfortable seating (plush sofas and armchairs with low tables). In the evenings the bar lounge transforms into jazz club. It also can be privately booked for exclusive events. Th bar accesses the promenaded Deck (outdoor seating, smoking allowed area).
MSC Excursions Point (size 54 m2, for shore excursions / tours booking and information)
L'Atelier Bistrot (77-seat food lounge, size 670 m2) operates with fixed menu charge (EUR 23) or a la carte priced menu: Dining tables are arranged around the Atrium.
Marketplace Buffet Restaurant (1000-seat buffet restaurant, size 2071 m2) with outdoor Promenade Deck seating (tables and chairs). Marketplace's multiple food stations include carvery, pizzeria (including made-to-order pies), fast-food (panini sandwiches, wraps, burgers, hot dogs), salad bar, fruits, vegan, bread and pasta (fresh-baked on the ship), beverage bar. Marketplace Buffet is open between 6.30 am - 2 am. The restaurant is a great choice for late-night pizzas and afternoon snacks. Seaview cruise ship's other buffet restaurant is on Deck 16 (Ocean Point Restaurant).