Review of MSC Seaview deck 18 (Caribbean-Kids-Teens-Yacht Club Restaurant)
MSC Seaview Deck 17 = Deck 18 (“17” is considered an unlucky number in Italy). On Deck 17 are located mainly sports and kids facilities and MSC Yacht Club Suites and YC-exclusive facilities.
The fore-located MSC YACHT CLUB Restaurant (128-seat, size 630 m2) is part of Top Sail Lounge (upper level 2 of 2) and serves complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner with no fixed dining times. A different menu is offered every day, reflecting the current cruise itinerary/region of the ship. Top Sail Lounge and its Sundeck and Restaurant are part of an exclusive complex for MSC Yacht Club cabin passengers only.
Forward on Deck 18 are located cruise cabins from 18001 to 18045, all of which are MSC Yacht Club Suite accommodations in categories Interior Suite-YIN and DeLuxe Suite-YC1.
Magrodome Area with Jungle Pool (retractable glass-roof covered pool deck, size 950 m2), Jungle Bar (210-seat indoor pool bar), Jungle Pool Lounge (240-seat, size 1500 m2) has deckchairs and table games (foosball, Ping-Pong). Nearby is the Zipline's entrance.
Children’s facilities on Deck 18 include Forest Aquaventure Park (83-seat, size 970 m2), Teen Club (size 28 m2), Young Club (size 56 m2), Junior Club LEGO (size 70 m2), Mini Club LEGO (size 100 m2), Baby Club CHICCO (size 80 m2), Doremi Land, Doremi Studio (100-seat, size 130 m2), Reception (for the kids’ facilities).
- Forest Aquaventure Park is the ship's water playground with wading pool, four waterslides (2x racing, 1x slideboarding, 1x standard), water cannons, fountains, playground climber.
- Doremi Studio is a theatre-like (TV studio) with a big LED screen and tiered seating, family time games, dance floor, interactive gaming.
- Baby Club CHICCO is a nursery (babysitting facility via partnership with CHICCO / Italian babywear company). It is open for toddlers from 6 to 36 months old and offers a lot of free baby products (diapers, wipes, bottles, Infant formula, selection of strollers and cots). The nursery has a large TV, coloured books and soft play area with age-appropriate toys, a separate room with cots, bathroom. Supervised activities include Mini Olympic games, cooking class, Baby Time (allows parents to play with their kids), Baby Care (allows parents to leave their children / 1-year-old and older for ~90 min in the morning-afternoon-evening). Parents must do the feeding, but the staff change nappies. Nursery's opening hours are between 9 am - 1 pm, 3-6 pm and 8-11:00 pm.
- Mini Club LEGO is a playroom (for 3-6-year-olds) with Lego and Duplo bricks, cinema, foosball, kids books, crayons, pens, age-appropriate toys, kids programming with supervised activities (sports, arts-crafts, treasure hunts, musical chairs, games, dressing up, cooking in the TV Studio).
- Junior Club LEGO is a playroom (for 7-11-year-olds) with a brick pit, age-appropriate toys and games, cinema, foosball, supervised activities (games, sports, arts-crafts), educational activities. The two rooms are connected and when opened up create a large playground.
- Young Club is for tweens (12-14-year-olds) and operates on a different basis from the younger kids' clubs. Programming is offered all day on sea days and only in the afternoon on port days. Facilities include table tennis, foosball, PS4, some double seats in which kids can lounge back to play video games from a TV placed in the ceiling, as well as traditional board games. The most innovative technology asset is a multi-media table allowing kids to post messages and pictures which then get screened on the club's walls. Programming includes generation games, lip sync battles, sports tournaments in the Sportplex. There is a EUR 10 per kid per hour charge for use of the club between 11 pm - 2 am (otherwise access is free).
- Teen Club is for children 15-17-year-old and has dance floor, plenty of chairs, large TVs, beanbags, video games (PS4, VR, Nintendo). The programming includes virtual gaming, sports and dancing competitions including ping pong and mini-golf.