ms Westerdam deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
ms Westerdam deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2022-2023-2024 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Holland America deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the ms Westerdam cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on ms Westerdam staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Westerdam (2004-built, last refurbished in 2020 January/scheduled refurbishment in 2023 January) is the third of the four Vista-classHolland America ships (together with ms Noordam, ms Oosterdam, and ms Zuiderdam), and also the P&O ship Arcadia. Previously, under the same name was operated Marella Dream. The Westerdam ship’s name signifies the Western point of the compass in Dutch.
Westerdam cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 984 staterooms for 1968 passengers (max capacity is 2362) served by 820 crew-staff. The boat has 11 passenger decks (7 with cabins), 14 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 5 outdoor Jacuzzis, 14 elevators (4 are scenic/with glass walls).
In 2016, Holland America Line updated MS Westerdam’s shipboard programming (enrichment, entertainment and children) replacing the old “Dancing With the Stars” with “BBC Earth” content.
- The theatre hosts daily expert lectures, presentations, a nature-themed game show with BBC Earth screenings and introductions by the crews that filmed these series. A signature concert in the evenings is based on the “Frozen Planet” program (polar regions-themed) – a spectacular multimedia show with live musicians.
- The children club facilities feature an explorer trail, workshops (including on journalism and filming), fact shows (animals, dinosaurs).
- Holland America themed cruises feature access to the BBC Earth series creators, sharing behind-the-scenes media and stories. Children have the opportunity to participate in filming workshops.
Westerdam deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
- (deck 10) new balcony and inside cabins (a total of 25) were added on Observation Deck 10.
- (decks 1 and 2) Vista Lounge (the ship's theatre) was renamed to "The Main Stage".
- (deck 2) Lincoln Center Stage (chamber music hall) was added starboard. Sports Bar was transformed into Billboard Onboard.
- (deck 11) The Retreat (adult sundeck area) was added on Sports Deck 11 (replacing the two Canvas Cover areas there).
The list of deck plan changes after the major refit and refurbishment in April 2007 (when the vessel was lengthened by 130 ft / 40 m) included:
- 34 new passenger cabins were added when a whole section was installed aft on decks 6, 7 and 8, thus narrowing some of the ship’s aft location balconies.
- Many public spaces were redesigned, including:
- Sea View Pool area (aft on Lido Deck 9) was expanded.
- Changes were done in the area of Library/Shopping Arcade – the Windstar Cafe and the Internet area were removed, new shops were added.
- The Oak Room was replaced by the Explorations Cafe (added to Crow’s Nest /Observation Deck 10).
General maintenance drydocks (by Sembcorp Marine in Singapore) were conducted in 2020 (January) and 2023 (January).
(new) Room Service Menu
Since December 2016, Holland America Westerdam ship offers a new room service menu that includes a mix of Continental (free) and a la carte breakfast items, as well as sample dishes from the onboard speciality restaurants (Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, Dive-In Burgers).
- Complimentary starters, entrees, sandwiches and desserts are offered around the clock.
- Pinnacle and Neptune Suite passengers enjoy the a la carte breakfast and speciality beverages free of charge.
- The Tamarind menu offers Seafood, Vegetarian, and Land & Sea bento boxes - each at USD 9,75.
- The Dive-In menu offers various burgers served with fries. Each costs USD 4,95.
- The Pinnacle Grill menu offers a steak dish at USD 15 and lobster at USD 20.
- At breakfast, sample complimentary room service option is a scrambled egg dish. It comes with hash browns and breakfast meats. Other offered dishes are steak and eggs (USD 9,50), smoked salmon benedict (USD 7,50) and fruit smoothie with Greek yoghurt (USD 4,95).
- A separate kids menu offers (free of charge) chicken tenders, mac & cheese, peanut butter and jelly, as well as other snacks.
ms Westerdam deck plans are property of Holland America. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.