ms Zuiderdam deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
ms Zuiderdam deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Holland America deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the ms Zuiderdam cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on ms Zuiderdam staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Zuiderdam (2002-built, last refurbished in 2019 December) is the first of all four Vista-class Holland America ships (together with ms Noordam, ms Oosterdam, and ms Westerdam), and also the P&O ship Arcadia. The Zuiderdam ship’s name signifies the Southern point of the compass in Dutch.
Zuiderdam cruise ship deck plan shows a total of 985 staterooms for 1970 passengers (max capacity is 2364) served by 820 crew-staff. The boat has 11 passenger decks (7 with cabins), 13 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 6 outdoor Jacuzzis, 14 elevators (4 are scenic/with glass walls).
In 2016, Holland America Line updated Zuiderdam’s shipboard programming (enrichment, entertainment and children) replacing the old “Dancing With the Stars” with “BBC Earth” content.
- The ship’s theatre hosts daily expert lectures, presentations, a nature-themed game show with BBC Earth screenings and introductions by the crews that filmed these series. A signature concert in the evenings is based on the “Frozen Planet” program (polar regions-themed) – a spectacular multimedia show with live musicians.
- The ship’s children club facilities feature an explorer trail, workshops (including on journalism and filming), fact shows (animals, dinosaurs).
- Holland America themed cruises feature access to the BBC Earth series creators, sharing behind-the-scenes media and stories. Children have the opportunity to participate in filming workshops.
Zuiderdam deckplan changes 2015 refurbishment review
During the ship's drydock refurbishment in April 2015, new cabins were added on Observation Deck 10. These accommodations are now shown in the Deck 10’s layout. Deck plan 2015 changes also include the addition of Retreat (adult deck area) on Sports Deck 11 (replacing the two Canvas Cover areas there).
In 2019 (December 1-9) the ship was drydocked in Freeport Bahamas for a USD 16 million renovation project).
(new) Room Service Menu
Since December 2016, Holland America Zuiderdam ship offers a new room service menu that includes a mix of Continental (free) and a la carte breakfast items, as well as sample dishes from the onboard speciality restaurants (Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, Dive-In Burgers).
- Complimentary starters, entrees, sandwiches and desserts are offered around the clock.
- Pinnacle and Neptune Suite passengers enjoy the a la carte breakfast and speciality beverages free of charge.
- The Tamarind menu offers Seafood, Vegetarian, and Land & Sea bento boxes - each at USD 9,75.
- The Dive-In menu offers various burgers served with fries. Each costs USD 4,95.
- The Pinnacle Grill menu offers a steak dish at USD 15 and lobster at USD 20.
- At breakfast, sample complimentary room service option is a scrambled egg dish. It comes with hash browns and breakfast meats. Other offered dishes are steak and eggs (USD 9,50), smoked salmon benedict (USD 7,50) and fruit smoothie with Greek yoghurt (USD 4,95).
- A separate kids menu offers (free of charge) chicken tenders, mac & cheese, peanut butter and jelly, as well as other snacks.
ms Zuiderdam deck plans are property of Holland America. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.