ms Nieuw Amsterdam deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
ms Nieuw Amsterdam deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2023-2024-2025 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Holland America deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the ms Nieuw Amsterdam cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on ms Nieuw Amsterdam staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Nieuw Amsterdam IV (2010-built, last refurbished in 2023) is the “New York City” themed and second of the Signature-class Holland America ships – together with ms Eurodam. Previously, under the same name has been operated the Thomson Spirit ship. HAL Nieuw Amsterdam ship is named after NYC. New York City was previously known as “Nieuw Amsterdam” (or “New Amsterdam” in Dutch). Another ship with a “Nieuw” name is the Pinnacle-class Nieuw Statendam (2018).
Nieuw Amsterdam cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1053 staterooms for 2106 passengers (max capacity is 2527) served by 930 crew-staff. The boat has 12 passenger-accessible decks (8 with cabins), 12 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with a retractable roof), 7 Jacuzzis (outdoor whirlpool hot tubs), 10 elevators (4 are scenic/with glass walls).
In 2017, Holland America Line updated Nieuw Amsterdam’s shipboard programming (enrichment, entertainment and children) replacing the old “Dancing With the Stars” with “BBC Earth” content.
- The ship’s theatre hosts daily expert lectures, presentations, a nature-themed game show with BBC Earth screenings and introductions by the crews that filmed these series. A signature concert in the evenings is based on the “Frozen Planet” program (polar regions-themed) – a spectacular multimedia show with live musicians.
- The ship’s children club facilities feature an explorer trail, workshops (including on journalism and filming), fact shows (animals, dinosaurs).
- HAL's themed cruises feature access to the BBC Earth series creators, sharing behind-the-scenes media and stories. Children have the opportunity to participate in filming workshops.
(new) Room Service Menu
Since December 2016, Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam ship offers a new room service menu that includes a mix of Continental (free) and a la carte breakfast items, as well as sample dishes from the onboard specialty restaurants (Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, Dive-In Burgers).
- Complimentary starters, entrees, sandwiches and desserts are offered around the clock.
- Pinnacle and Neptune Suite passengers enjoy the a la carte breakfast and specialty beverages free of charge.
- The Tamarind menu offers Seafood, Vegetarian, and Land & Sea bento boxes - each at USD 9,75.
- The Dive-In menu offers various burgers served with fries. Each costs USD 4,95.
- The Pinnacle Grill menu offers a steak dish at USD 15 and lobster at USD 20.
- At breakfast, sample complimentary room service option is a scrambled egg dish. It comes with hash browns and breakfast meats. Other offered dishes are steak and eggs (USD 9,50), smoked salmon benedict (USD 7,50) and fruit smoothie with Greek yogurt (USD 4,95).
- A separate kids menu offers (free of charge) chicken tenders, mac & cheese, peanut butter and jelly, as well as other snacks.
During the Nieuw Amsterdam ship's drydock refurbishment in 2018, each cruise suite was upgraded with:
- (new) sofa, chairs, headboard, carpet, wall coverings, privacy curtain, drapery, bed runner, bed skirt, quartz stone top (on the vanity), vanity lighting, dresser, dressing table, nightstands
- (new) 1 USB outlet (on the bed’s headboard), bedside LED lights (for reading), electrical outlets, lighted closet rod
- (new) interactive TV system allowing complimentary movies-on-demand, access to the ship's daily scheduled activities program, checking onboard accounts, Internet, ship information (restaurants, bars, deck plans, spa services, etc)
- All suite bathrooms received a wall of designer glass tiles (backdrop to the new dressing area with a new stone top, modern taps, undermount bath sink), new mirrors (with integrated LED lighting), stylish floor tiles, nightlight.
ms Nieuw Amsterdam deck plans are property of Holland America. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.