ms Oosterdam deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
ms Oosterdam deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (2021-2022-2023 valid floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Holland America deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the ms Oosterdam cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on ms Oosterdam staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Oosterdam (built 2003, last refurbished in 2016) is the second of all four Vista-classHolland America ships – together with ms Noordam, ms Westerdam, and ms Zuiderdam, and also the P&O ship Arcadia. The Oosterdam ship’s name signifies the Eastern point of the compass in Dutch.
Oosterdam cruise ship deck plan has a total of 959 staterooms for 1916 passengers (max capacity is 2304 guests), served by 820 crew/staff. The ship has 11 passenger decks, 13 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 5 jacuzzies, 14 elevators (4 are scenic/with glass walls).
In 2016, Holland America Line updated the Oosterdam’s shipboard programming (enrichment, entertainment and children) replacing the old “Dancing With the Stars” with “BBC Earth” content.
- The ship’s theatre hosts daily expert lectures, presentations, a nature-themed game show with BBC Earth screenings and introductions by the crews that filmed these series. A signature concert in the evenings is based on the “Frozen Planet” program (polar regions-themed) – a spectacular multimedia show with live musicians.
- The ship’s children club facilities feature an explorer trail, workshops (including on journalism and filming), fact shows (animals, dinosaurs).
- Holland America themed cruises feature access to the BBC Earth series creators, sharing behind-the-scenes media and stories. Children have the opportunity to participate in filming workshops.
Oosterdam deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
During the ship's drydock refurbishment (in May 2016), new cabins were added on Observation Deck 10. These accommodations are shown in Deck 10’s layout. Deck plan 2016 changes also include the addition of the Retreat (adult deck area) on Sports Deck 11 (replacing the two Canvas Cover areas there).
(new) Room Service Menu
Since December 2016, Holland America Oosterdam ship offers a new room service menu that includes a mix of Continental (free) and a la carte breakfast items, as well as sample dishes from the onboard speciality restaurants (Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, Dive-In Burgers).
- Complimentary starters, entrees, sandwiches and desserts are offered around the clock.
- Pinnacle and Neptune Suite passengers enjoy the a la carte breakfast and speciality beverages free of charge.
- The Tamarind menu offers Seafood, Vegetarian, and Land & Sea bento boxes - each at USD 9,75.
- The Dive-In menu offers various burgers served with fries. Each costs USD 4,95.
- The Pinnacle Grill menu offers a steak dish at USD 15 and lobster at USD 20.
- At breakfast, sample complimentary room service option is a scrambled egg dish. It comes with hash browns and breakfast meats. Other offered dishes are steak and eggs (USD 9,50), smoked salmon benedict (USD 7,50) and fruit smoothie with Greek yoghurt (USD 4,95).
- A separate kids menu offers (free of charge) chicken tenders, mac & cheese, peanut butter and jelly, as well as other snacks.
ms Oosterdam deck plans are property of Holland America. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.