ms Noordam deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Each of the ms Noordam cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on ms Noordam staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Noordam (built 2003, last refurbished in 2019) is the fourth (and last) of the Vista-class Holland America ships (together with ms Oosterdam, ms Westerdam, and ms Zuiderdam) and also P&O ship Arcadia. Previously, under the same name was operated Marella Celebration. The Noordam ship’s name signifies the Northern point of the compass in Dutch.
Noordam cruise ship deck plan has a total of 961 staterooms for 1918 passengers (max capacity is 2306 guests), served by 820 crew/staff. The ship has 11 passenger decks, 13 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 5 jacuzzies, 14 elevators (4 are scenic/with glass walls).
In 2016, Holland America Line updated Noordam’s shipboard programming (enrichment, entertainment and children) replacing the old “Dancing With the Stars” with “BBC Earth” content.
- The ship’s theatre hosts daily expert lectures, presentations, a nature-themed game show with BBC Earth screenings and introductions by the crews that filmed these series. A signature concert in the evenings is based on the “Frozen Planet” program (polar regions-themed) – a spectacular multimedia show with live musicians.
- The ship’s children club facilities feature an explorer trail, workshops (including on journalism and filming), fact shows (animals, dinosaurs).
- Holland America themed cruises feature access to the BBC Earth series creators, sharing behind-the-scenes media and stories. Children have the opportunity to participate in filming workshops.
Noordam deckplan changes 2019 refurbishment review
The ship's last refurbishment was in 2019 (November). The 14-day drydocking project was done at Victoria Shipyards (in Victoria BC Canada). The conducted works included Billboard Onboard (added to the Music Walk area), Microsoft Studio (added in Explorations Cafe), Fujifilm Wonder Photo Shop (new photo studio). On Sports Deck was added pickleball court (doubles badminton court, sized 20×44 ft / 6,3x13,4 m).
All suites (cabins and bathrooms) were renovated and updated with new furniture. Also renovated (as furniture and carpeting) were Pinnacle Bar, Pinnacle Grill, Dining Room Restaurant, Lido Market (buffet restaurant), the wellness complex (Greenhouse Spa and Salon).
During drydock 2015 (May) all passenger cabins (including the bathrooms) were updated with new furnishings (sofas, chairs, headboards, carpets, wall coverings, privacy curtains, draperies, bed runners, bed skirts, quartz stone tops (bath vanities), vanity lighting, dressers, dressing tables, nightstands, smart HDTVs, BOSE SoundDock (iPod stations). New USB charging ports, power outlets and LED lights were installed.
MS Noordam drydock 2015 was part of Holland America Line's USD 300 million fleet renovation program (2016-2018).
(new) Room Service Menu
Since December 2016, Holland America Noordam ship offers a new room service menu that includes a mix of Continental (free) and a la carte breakfast items, as well as sample dishes from the onboard speciality restaurants (Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, Dive-In Burgers).
- Complimentary starters, entrees, sandwiches and desserts are offered around the clock.
- Pinnacle and Neptune Suite passengers enjoy the a la carte breakfast and speciality beverages free of charge.
- The Tamarind menu offers Seafood, Vegetarian, and Land & Sea bento boxes - each at USD 9,75.
- The Dive-In menu offers various burgers served with fries. Each costs USD 4,95.
- The Pinnacle Grill menu offers a steak dish at USD 15 and lobster at USD 20.
- At breakfast, sample complimentary room service option is a scrambled egg dish. It comes with hash browns and breakfast meats. Other offered dishes are steak and eggs (USD 9,50), smoked salmon benedict (USD 7,50) and fruit smoothie with Greek yoghurt (USD 4,95).
- A separate kids menu offers (free of charge) chicken tenders, mac & cheese, peanut butter and jelly, as well as other snacks.
ms Noordam deck plans are property of Holland America. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.