ms Koningsdam deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
ms Koningsdam deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Holland America deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the ms Koningsdam cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on ms Koningsdam staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
MS Koningsdam (built 2016) is the newest and biggest among all Holland America cruise ships. The vessel belongs to the line’s new Pinnacle-class and will be followed by the sister-ship Nieuw Statendam (2018). The ship’s name is in Dutch and means “koning” (king) while dam is a traditional for the line suffix. HAL officials say the name also honors HM Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands. The vessel’s design is by two renown designer companies – “Tihany Design” (Adam Tihany, hospitality designer) and “Y&S” (“Yran & Storbraaten Architects AS” – cruise ship design company).
Koningsdam cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1331 staterooms for 2650 passengers (max capacity is 3194 guests), served by 1025 crew/staff. The ship has 12 passenger accessible decks, 17 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 5 jacuzzies, 12 elevators. On the ship, there are no self-service laundry facilities (passenger-use laundrettes /laundromats). Laundry services are offered via hotel staff at additional charge.
The list of signature activities and amenities available at sea only on Holland America ships includes:
- Itinerary-themed specialty teas and snacks – Afternoon Tea service offers an unique cultural experience featuring locally sourced fresh teas complimented by traditional for the region sweets and savories. Creamy milkshakes are also served.
- Traditional Dutch pea soup (with pork) is served outdoors – only on cold-weather cruise itineraries. The steamy mugs of soup are served on the pool deck while the ship sails in regions such as Alaska or the Norway’s Fjords.
- All HAL ships have a catholic priest and offer daily non denominational services.
- “BB King’s Blues Club” (see on Plaza Deck 2) offers live 8-man band music performances in the evenings (3 shows per night). This themed nightclub experience is also available on the HAL ships Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam, Oosterdam, Rotterdam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam.
- “New York Times” paper’s digital edition is available for free via the HAL’s partnership with the news media. The digital edition is available at the Explorations Cafe’s computers.
- Signature recipes by celebrity chefs – many of the MDR’s (main dining room) dishes are by the line’s “Culinary Council” consisting of 6 chefs. Among the international chefs presenting their own signature dishes on the Holland America ships (and often present on board) are Jacques Torres (aka “Mr Chocolate”, pastry chef), Jonnie Boer (Michelin star chef, co-owner of De Librije restaurant in Holland), David Burke (“Iron Chef America” show), also the HAL’s master chef Rudolf “Rudi” Sodamin.
Holland America Koningsdam’s shipboard programming (enrichment, entertainment and children) is based on “BBC Earth” content.
- The ship’s theater hosts daily expert lectures, presentations, a nature-themed game show with BBC Earth screenings and introductions by the crews that filmed these series. A signature concert in the evenings is based on the “Frozen Planet” program (polar regions-themed) – a spectacular multimedia show with live musicians.
- The ship’s children club facilities feature an explorer trail, workshops (including on journalism and filming), fact shows (animals, dinosaurs).
- Holland America themed cruises feature access to the BBC Earth series creators, sharing behind-the-scenes media and stories. Children have the opportunity to participate in filming workshops.
(new) Room Service Menu
Since December 2016, Holland America Koningsdam ship offers a new room service menu that includes a mix of Continental (free) and a la carte breakfast items, as well as sample dishes from the onboard specialty restaurants (Pinnacle Grill, Tamarind, Dive-In Burgers).
- Complimentary starters, entrees, sandwiches and desserts are offered around the clock.
- Pinnacle and Neptune Suite passengers enjoy the a la carte breakfast and specialty beverages free of charge.
- The Tamarind menu offers Seafood, Vegetarian, and Land & Sea bento boxes - each at USD 9,75.
- The Dive-In menu offers various burgers served with fries. Each costs USD 4,95.
- The Pinnacle Grill menu offers a steak dish at USD 15 and lobster at USD 20.
- At breakfast, sample complimentary room service option is a scrambled egg dish. It comes with hash browns and breakfast meats. Other offered dishes are steak and eggs (USD 9,50), smoked salmon benedict (USD 7,50) and fruit smoothie with Greek yogurt (USD 4,95).
- A separate kids menu offers (free of charge) chicken tenders, mac & cheese, peanut butter and jelly, as well as other snacks.
ms Koningsdam deck plans are property of Holland America. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.