Carnival Cruise Line announced the inaugural schedule for the transformed Carnival Radiance, which includes 9- to 13-day European cruises, line’s first to Cuba from Norfolk VA and NYC New York, 4- to 9-day voyages to the Caribbean, Canada & New England from New York, as well as a winter season of Caribbean and Cuba voyages from Port Canaveral FL.
The cruise company also revealed details of the 2020 schedule of Carnival Sunrise, including an expanded series of cruises from New York to Cuba, as well as 4- to 9-day Caribbean itineraries from New York and Norfolk.
- Following a US$200 million dry dock in Cadiz, Carnival Radiance debuts on April 29, 2020 via a 10-day Mediterranean cruise from Barcelona followed by 9- and 12-day itineraries visiting top destinations throughout the region, such as Italy, France, Greece, Malta, Spain and Croatia. The vessel then embarks on a 13-day transatlantic crossing out of Barcelona to New York on June 11, 2020, positioning it for an inaugural season in NYC.
- Once in NY, Radiance is due to offer a series of 4- and 6-day Bermuda cruises along with a 4-day cruise to Saint John, New Brunswick, 8-day eastern Caribbean trips and the line’s first Cuba voyages from New York – 9-day itineraries that include a full day and overnight in Havana and 2 Bahamian ports of call. Ship's New York program concludes with a series of Canada & New England cruises featuring calls in Boston, Portland, St John and Halifax.
- The ship also features 4 five- to seven-day itineraries from Norfolk in October-November 2020, including Carnival’s first Cuba voyages from the port. The week-long Cuba sailings offer an extended stop in Havana along with calls at a pair of tropical Bahamian ports. There is also a 5-day Bahamas cruise and a 6-day trip visiting 3 of the most popular destinations in the country, including Half Moon Cay.
- After the voyages from the Northeast, Carnival's Radiance will reposition to Port Canaveral to operate a winter schedule of 6- to 8-day itineraries to the Caribbean and Cuba starting November 8, 2020. The program includes 6-day cruises with a day-long visit and an overnight in Havana and 2 Bahamian ports; a 6-day voyage to Grand Turk, Amber Cove, and Nassau; and 7-and 8-day Caribbean cruises visiting some of the most popular islands in the region, including Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk and St Kitts.
- Carnival Sunrise is building upon the popularity of short Bermuda trips introduced onboard Carnival Horizon, and features “long weekend” getaways to Bermuda and longer Caribbean voyages and sailings to Cuba from New York beginning May 21, 2020.
- The program includes 8 nine-day itineraries to Cuba with a full day and an overnight in Havana along with calls at Half Moon Cay and Nassau. 8 four-day “long weekend” cruises to Bermuda are also offered, departing on Thursdays and returning on Mondays as well as spending a full day on the island. 7 eight-day journeys visiting beautiful Caribbean and Bahamian ports are featured as well. The program concludes via 12-day Carnival Journeys partial Panama Canal transit departing from New York to Fort Lauderdale FL October 19-31, 2020.
- In May 2020, Carnival Sunrise is also due to sail from Norfolk on a pair of 5-day cruises to Freeport and Nassau, along with a 3-port, 6-day voyage featuring Freeport, Nassau and Half Moon Cay.