Lembar port (Lembar Harbor) is a major Indonesian seaport located on the Lombok Island's southwest coast. The port has shipping facilities and wharves (berths). Lembar port is approx 22 km (14 mi) south of Mataram.
Lombok Island is roughly circular, with Sekotong Peninsula located to the southwest, approx 70 km (43 mi) from Lembar. The island has total area approx 4514 km2 (1743 mi2) and population over 3,3 million.
In 2013, Lembar Harbor Port (locode IDLBR) reported gross tonnage of handled cargo ships around 4,3 million GT-tons. This was an increase of 72% over 2012.
Lembar cruise terminal
Most cruise ships to Lombok Island dock at Lembar Harbor - port on the island's south-western coast. Larger-sized ships anchor in the harbour and their passengers are transported to the wharves via the ship's tender boats.
The Labuhan Lombok ferry port (located on the east coast) provides regularly scheduled vehicular and passenger ferry services to Sumbawa Island (port Poto Tano). The Indonesian company Pelni Shipping Line serves a nation-wide network of vehicular and passenger ferry services throughout the whole archipelago. Pelni Line's offices are in Ampenan (port to Mataram, Lombok Island).
Ferries from Padang Bai (Bali Island) run every hour (24 hours a day, travel time about 4 hours). From Lembar Harbour you can visit the following popular tourist destinations on or close to Lombok Island:
- Gili Islands - from Lembar take a shuttle bus to Bangsal Harbour, Mataram or Bangsal. Another (cheapest) transportation option is a public mini buse / bemo (Lembar to Mataram) and from there a public bus to Pemenang or Bangsal. From Bangsal you can take a public ferry to some of the Gili Islands. The most visited Gilis are Trawangan, Air and Meno.
- To Mataram are offered bemos (mini buses) leaving from Lembar Harbor. Tourist bus shuttles are also available. Alternatively, taxis at the passenger terminal are available 24 hours. The Perama company operates regularly scheduled shuttle buses departing from Port Lembar to Mataram, also to Kuta and Tetebatu.
- Another tour travel option from Lombok is Bali Island. Regular ferries from Lonbok Island go to Padangbai (central-eastern Bali) and Serangan (southeastern Bali).
Lembar tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
The following map of Lombok Island shows all ports, bays, tourist destinations and attractions. The map also shows all the Gili Islands located around Lombok.
Tourism is among the island's most important sources of income. Lombok's west coast is the most developed tourism area with modern facilities. This region is centered around Senggigi. The west coast tourist area features over 30 km (19 ml) of coastline paralleled by a coastal road running between Mataram and Ampenan.
This well-developed tourism region extends to Tanjung (northwest) located near Mt Rinjani. It includes also the peninsulas Sire and Medana and the Gili Islands (located very close offshore). The three Gili Islands are usually accessed by tour boats leaving from Bangsal. also from Teluk Nare or Senggigi.
- This part of Lombok Island has numerous hotels and seaside resorts ranging from budget to top-luxury. Fast boat services run regularly from Bali Island to Lombok, with direct connections to Gili Islands.
- Among Lombok's other main tourist travel destinations are Mt Rinjani, Gili Bidara, Gili Lawang, the parks Narmada and Mayura, Kuta (popular with its white sand beaches) and Sekotong (popular scuba diving location).
- Southern parts of Lombok Island are considered among the world's best surfing locations. The surfing season runs between late March and late September. Among the most popular sites is the Desert Point (at the island's southwestern tip).
- At the northwestern coast (near Tanjung and the Gili islands) are located many of the island's luxury resorts and villas. A new boat / yacht marina was built at Medana Bay.
- The island's both premium golf courses are also here - Lombok Golf Kosaido Country Club (near Pamenang) and GEC Rinjani Country Club (west of Mataram City).
Port Lembar cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Lembar, Lombok Indonesia. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.