56 °F / 14 °C
Rathlin Island (Reachlainn) is located off the coast of County Antrim and is Northern Ireland's northernmost point. The island covers area of 3390 acres (14 km2 / 5 ml2) and has population under 500. Rathlin is approx 25 km (16 ml) from Mull of Kintyre (mainland Scotland, Kintyre Peninsula's southwesternmost tip).
- Rathlin is Northern Ireland's only inhabited offshore island, and also the most northerly inhabited island off mainland Ireland. The L-shaped Rathlin Island has length 6 km (4 ml / east-west) and width 4 km (2,5 ml / north-south). Its highest elevation point (Slieveard) is 134 m (440 ft) above sea level.
- The island constitutes a Civil parish and is subdivided into 22 townlands.
- Tievebulliagh mountain close to Cushendall has a Neolithic stone axe factory - similar to the one found in Brockley (within Ballygill Middle), with the same porcellanite stone. An unexcavated Viking ship was found in a mound formation.
- Ferries (by Rathlin Island Ferry Ltd) link island's main port (Church Bay) and mainland Northern Ireland (Ballycastle, approx 10 km / 6 ml away). Two ferries operate the route - Rathlin Express (fast catamaran for foot-passenger-only) and MV Canna (Ro-Pax ferry owned by Scotland, for both foot passengers and vehicles).
- In 2008 Rathlin Island Ferry Ltd won a 6-year contract for the service providing it as subsidised "lifeline" service.
Rathlin Island cruise terminal
Ferries and cruise ships to Rathlin Island dock (anchor) at Church Bay - port town on the south-western coast.
Port Rathlin Island cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Rathlin Island, Northern Ireland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|5 October, 2019|
|25 October, 2019|
The Rathlin Island cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Rathlin Island, Northern Ireland.
If you lose the Rathlin Island location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.