Un-Cruise Adventures fleet
Review of Un-Cruise Adventures
One of the industry's small cruise lines, the Un-Cruise Adventures company operates smaller-sized vessels with regularly scheduled itineraries in the regions of Alaska, Hawaii, Baja Mexico (Sea of Cortes), USA (Columbia and Snake rivers, Washington coastal voyages) and Canada (British Columbia).
UnCruise Adventures offers an extraordinary small-ship cruising experience on expedition cruises to remote places. The line operates a fleet of small expedition boats and upscale yachts with up to 88 passengers capacity. The Un-Cruise line was established in January 2013, after former American Safari Cruises line merged with former InnerSea Discoveries line. While the vessels remained the same, their new names were aimed at conveying the unique style of the Un-Cruise expedition cruising. As a product, the Un-Cruise Adventures line sells an uncommon product at a very competitive price, which besides the affordable rates is also consisting of:
- Comfortable and luxury expedition experience. It's a great bet for those who have the latest REI gear and are ready to use it but also want to enjoy simple pleasures like massages (one massage is included) and fine wine.
- The expedition staff is charged with helping guests with activities like identifying the flora or spotting humpbacks. These cruises emphasize on familiarization with the geology, culture, flora and fauna, by means of soft-adventure activities and guided shore excursions.
- A day in Alaska might start with a canoe tour to view a glacier and end with kayaking under the midnight sun. In Hawaii, passengers might visit a macadamia nut farm and later snorkel by moonlight. Night sailings depend on the venue. Excursions are included fleetwide.
- Un-Cruise Adventures ships offer memory foam mattresses, reasonably priced full bars and special kayak launching pads. All cabins are above the deck with outward facing opening windows, perfect for enjoying the view.
- Dinners are usually casual affairs, short on menu choices and long on conversation. There are typically a couple of main course options, often based on freshly caught seafood. Most alcoholic beverages are included. The Un-Cruise bars are open 24 hours a day and stocked with top brands.
- River cruises (only offered on board the SS Legacy) provide "softer" adventures than the Adventure ones, with the extent of recreation that is a little walking in town. These cruises highlight the history, culture and wildlife of the ports of call through a series of tours and enrichment lectures on board. There are options for those who look for more activity during free time in port. After the excursions, passengers have the opportunity to explore on their own by window shopping or hiking the local trails.
- Un-Cruise caters to a wide range of travelers. The Adventure cruises' Sea of Cortez, Hawaii and Alaska itineraries attract active 30- to 70-year-old eco-conscious enthusiasts and families. River sailings appeal to mature crowd of cruisers with adventurous spirit. As there are no kayaks or skiff rides on these, guests embrace their desire to explore the wilderness and culture of the regions visited, in a state of total relaxation. Most passengers are North Americans, but you may also see some Australians and Europeans.
Itinerary of Un-Cruise Adventures
The Un-Cruise line owns and operates the following vessels:
- Safari Endeavour (1983, built as Newport Clipper for Clipper Cruise Line)
- Safari Explorer (1998)
- Safari Quest (1992)
- Safari Voyager (1982)
- Wilderness Adventurer (1984)
- Wilderness Discoverer (1992)
- Wilderness Explorer (1976)
- SS Legacy (1983) - Columbia and Snake river cruises in USA.
Un-Cruise Adventures will add a 7th cruise ship to its Alaskan fleet in 2018. The 88-passenger SS Legacy, newly outfitted with skiffs and kayaks, will operate in Alaska as part of the company's 2018 cruise schedule which includes visits to Glacier Bay National Park and 7 new itineraries. Among the new 2018 additions is Haines )added to 5 itineraries), where is offered a float trip down Chilkat River (available on most UnCruise Alaskan itineraries), also a guided hiking tour, bikes (for rides through the town) and an onboard lecture by local Chilkat Tlingit people. During season 2017, UnCruise added a new (half-day long) Alaskan land tour to Kake (traditional Tlingit village).
Our Un-Cruise Adventures ships schedules give you all sailing dates and the line's tickets prices PP. Follow the ship links to compare prices, port departures and arrival dates in ports of call. This way you can plan and budget better your Un-Cruise small ship vacations - knowing where and when all their ships go, and for how much.
Un-Cruise Adventures related cruise news
Un-Cruise Adventures will add a 7th ship to its Alaska fleet in 2018. The 88-passenger SS Legacy, newly outfitted with skiffs and...April 8, 2017
- show more news