Wilderness Discoverer Review and Specifications
Specifications of Wilderness Discoverer
|Year built||1992 / Age : 26|
|Builder||Blount Boats Inc (Warren, Rhode Island USA)|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition ship|
|Owner||InnerSea Discoveries Alaska Inc|
|Speed||10 kn / 19 kph / 12 mph|
|Length (LOA)||54 m / 177 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||683 gt|
|Passengers||76 - 84|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||Mayan Prince|
Review of Wilderness Discoverer
Wilderness Discoverer was built in 1992 by “Blount Boats” ship building company.
History - construction & ownership
The 683-ton, 76-passenger cruise ship Wilderness Discoverer was completely overhauled after bought from her former owner Glacier Bay Cruises (now defunct). Wilderness Adventurer is Discoverer’s sister ship and also sails in Southeast Alaska during summer months. Ship’s hull design and her shallow draft allow easy access to Alaska’s wildlife and a variety of adventure excursions. Each Un-Cruise Adventures’ ship navigates together with a fishing boat that is fully-equipped.
Un-Cruise Adventures (formerly American Safari Cruises) is an USA-based, wholly-owned cruise company, a subsidiary of InnerSea Discoveries Alaska. In 2013, the American Safari Cruises line was renamed to "Un-Cruise Adventures".. Currently the cruise company has 2 headquarters - main headquarters in Seattle WA and second in Juneau AK.
Cruise itinerary program
Wilderness Discoverer has 3 passenger decks and only 38 cabins, all of which are Oceanview. The cabin grades number is 4.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Meals onboard the Wilderness Discoverer are served buffet-style at set times. Soda, juice and lemonade are included in cruise price. The pastry chef guarantees guests will replenish calories quickly.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Wilderness Discoverer has a Spa area with sauna, massage room and two hot tubs. The adventure equipment includes paddle boards, kayaks, inflatable skiffs, hydrophone and underwater camera (linked to yacht’s lounge and stateroom TVs).
Wilderness Discoverer wiki
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 38 (of which all are Oceanview).
- Restaurants and food bars: Dining Room.
- Lounges & Bars: Lounge (evokes the feel of a neighborhood pub or National Park Lodge), Bar.
- Spa area (with 2 jacuzzis, sauna, massage, fitness equipment, yoga classes), kayaks, paddle boards, expedition gear, bow viewing area, swim step and kayak launching platform, bow-mounted underwater camera, library.
- Wilderness Discoverer cruise ship was built in Warren RI. The vessel was bought from the Glacier Bay Cruises line (now defunct) and was completely overhauled. Sister ship is Wilderness Adventurer - both a great choice for Alaskan small ship cruise deals during summer months.
- The vessel's hull design and shallow draft allow easy access to wildlife-rich regions in Southeast Alaska for an array of adventure- and expedition-type excursions. This small ship has a fully-equipped fishing boat, along with stand-up paddle boards and kayaks, inflatable skiffs, hiking poles. The ship also has a hydrophone that listens to sounds below water surface, and an underwater camera that shows real-time images on all the TVs on board (in the lounge and in all staterooms).
Wilderness Discoverer - user reviews and comments
Other UnCruise Adventures cruise ships
Wilderness Discoverer Itineraries
The below listed Wilderness Discoverer cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest UnCruise Adventures fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 May 26||7 days, one-way from Juneau to Ketchikan||Juneau||$4148|
|2018 Jun 02||14 days, one-way from Ketchikan to Sitka||Ketchikan||$8822|
|2018 Jun 02||7 days, one-way from Ketchikan to Juneau||Ketchikan||$4148|
|2018 Jun 09||7 days, one-way from Juneau to Sitka||Juneau||$5072|
|2018 Jun 16||14 days, one-way from Sitka to Ketchikan||Sitka||$9225|
|2018 Jun 16||7 days, one-way from Sitka to Juneau||Sitka||$5072|
|2018 Jun 23||7 days, one-way from Juneau to Ketchikan||Juneau||$4610|
|2018 Jun 30||14 days, one-way from Ketchikan to Sitka||Ketchikan||$9225|
|2018 Jun 30||7 days, one-way from Ketchikan to Juneau||Ketchikan||$4610|
|2018 Jul 07||7 days, one-way from Juneau to Sitka||Juneau||$5072|
|2018 Jul 14||14 days, one-way from Sitka to Ketchikan||Sitka||$9225|
|2018 Jul 14||7 days, one-way from Sitka to Juneau||Sitka||$5072|
|2018 Jul 21||7 days, one-way from Juneau to Ketchikan||Juneau||$4610|
|2018 Jul 28||14 days, one-way from Ketchikan to Sitka||Ketchikan||$9225|
|2018 Jul 28||7 days, one-way from Ketchikan to Juneau||Ketchikan||$4610|
|2018 Aug 04||7 days, one-way from Juneau to Sitka||Juneau||$5072|
|2018 Aug 11||14 days, one-way from Sitka to Ketchikan||Sitka||$8822|
|2018 Aug 11||7 days, one-way from Sitka to Juneau||Sitka||$5072|
|2018 Aug 18||7 days, one-way from Juneau to Ketchikan||Juneau||$4148|
|2018 Aug 25||7 days, one-way from Ketchikan to Juneau||Ketchikan||$4148|
|2018 Sep 01||14 days, one-way from Juneau to Seattle||Juneau||$5994|