Anthem of the Seas deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Anthem of the Seas deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Royal Caribbean deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Anthem of the Seas cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Anthem of the Seas staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Anthem of the Seas (built 2015) is the second of the Quantum-class Royal Caribbean cruise ships (the project’s former name was “Project Sunshine”) – together with Quantum of the Seas (2014) and Ovation of the Seas (2016). RCI’s Quantum-class ships (builder Meyer Werft Germany) as capacity and size (GT tonnage) are similar to the MSC Cruises largest Vista-class ship MSC Meraviglia (builder STX Europe, France).
Like her sisters Quantum and Ovation, the Anthem cruise ship has 2090 staterooms in total, for accommodating 4180 passengers (4905 max capacity), 1500 crew/staff, 4 swimming pools (1 covered with retractable roof), 10 jacuzzies, 16 elevators, 18 dining options, also the RCI’s feature Rock Climbing Wall and Flowrider.
- On the Anthem cruise ship deck layouts you will not find: Ice Rink, Bowling, Zip-Line, Water-Slide, Ropes Course, Golf Simulator, Boxing Ring, Cigar/Smoking Lounge, Upper Deck View Observation Lounge (aka “Royal Viking Crown”), Royal Promenade. Instead of the traditional for RCCL ships “Royal Promenade”, Anthem has a 2-decks high walkway (on decks 4 and 5, linked with staircases). It passes through the center, roughly half the ship’s length.
- In the Anthem deck plans there are several dining venues that replace the traditional Main Dining Rooms with the Royal Caribbean’s new “Rotational Dining” system. This was implemented to replace the previous “Dynamic Dining” concept. The new Rotational Dining system allows guests to dine at different restaurants (complimentary venues only) each night on the ship (based on a rotational dining schedule). Just like on Disney ships, Anthem cruise ship passengers are served by the same wait staff and enjoy the same table companions each evening.
This latest generation passenger ship features many activities and unique facilities never seen at sea before. The list of new RCI Anthem “WOWs” and “ever firsts at sea” includes:
- the “RipCord” (located on deck 16) – the sky-diving simulator
- the “North Star” (located on deck 15) – the above ship observation capsule for 360° ocean views
- the “SeaPlex” (located on decks 15 and 16) – the bumper cars in the largest sports complex at sea
- “Two70°” (located on decks 5 through 7) – big-size LED screens and glass walls allowing live panoramic views
- the line’s new Interior cabin type called “Virtual Balcony” (decks 7 through 11).
- New entertainment option on the Anthem ship is the “Escape the Rubicon” – an interactive gaming room part of the Fuel Teen lounge on deck 15. The participants are locked in the room and must work together to solve puzzles, find hidden clues and eventually to find the key and escape the room. The game’s capacity is 6-12 players. The experience is between 60 to 90 min.
IMPORTANT: Here reviewed Royal Caribbean Anthem deck plans are valid for RCI cruises in 2016, 2017 and 2018 (through April 22nd).
Cruise ship Internet "VOOM"
VOOM is the name of the RCI's new, high-speed internet service available on the Anthem ship since 2016. The service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology utilizes each RCI cruise ship specifically.
Voom Internet has latency 120 ms, ping ~300 ms, download speed ~4,6 Mbps, upload speed ~5,2 Mbps. Voom allows fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections.
New Internet packages cost
RCI's high-speed ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are "Cruise Planner" booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased on board and also pre-purchased (before the cruise) via RCI's "Cruise Planner" booking system.
- "Voom Surf Voyage" is the "light package" providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms (excepting video streaming). The "Voom Surf Voyage" Internet package cost (per day) depends on the number of mobile devices using it. Its pricing is as follows: $10 (1 device), $17 (2 devices), $24 (3 devices), $28 (4 devices) and $32 (5 devices).
- "Voom Surf + Stream" is the "real deal", offering unlimited Internet activities, including the high-speed video streaming (music, movies, video chatting, texting, VoIP apps /Internet phone calls). The "Voom Surf + Stream" Internet package cost (per day) also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Its pricing is as follows: $13 (1 device), $23 (2 devices), $32 (3 devices), $40 (4 devices) and $42 (5 devices).
Royal Caribbean’s DreamWorks Experience
The Anthem cruise ship offers its guests the DreamWorks Experience. This is a themed programming via partnership between Royal Caribbean International and Amblin Partners (DreamWorks SKG's owner company). Universal Pictures is the distributor of the DreamWorks movie productions through its subsidiary company Touchstone Pictures.
This new entertainment program is geared toward families and offers DreamWorks movies-themed onboard activities on select ships within the RCI fleet. The list of such activities includes:
- DreamWorks characters meetings and greetings (plus photo ops). The list of characters available for meet & greets on the Anthem ship features Po (“Kung Fu Panda” movie), Shrek, Fiona, Puss (“Shrek” series), Alex, Gloria, King Julien, penguins (“The Penguins of Madagascar” series, “All Hail King Julien” series).
- Character Breakfast (in the dining room restaurant)
- 3D DreamWorks movie screenings (in the Royal Theater), including first-run movies which premieres on the ship are on the same day they go in land-based theaters
- DreamWorks TV channel in cabins
- Themed activities and games by the ship’s “Adventure Ocean” (onboard youth program) include animation workshops, story time, themed dance parties, character story-based adventure games, regular character visits to kids facilities, meets-and-greets.
- The Royal Caribbean’s “DreamWorks ships” list also includes Allure, Freedom, Harmony, Liberty, Mariner, Oasis, Ovation, Quantum, Voyager.
Anthem of the Seas deck plans are property of Royal Caribbean. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.