Norwegian Jewel deck plans
Deck layouts, review of facilities, activities, amenities
Norwegian Jewel deck plan review at CruiseMapper provides newest cruise deck plans (floor layouts of the vessel) extracted from the officially issued by Norwegian Cruise Line deckplan pdf (printable version).
Each of the Norwegian Jewel cruise ship deck plans are conveniently combined with a legend (showing cabin codes) and detailed review of all the deck's venues and passenger-accessible indoor and outdoor areas. A separate link provides an extensive information on Norwegian Jewel staterooms (cabins and suites), including photos, cabin plans and amenities by room type and category.
Norwegian Jewel (built 2005, last refurbished in 2014, scheduled refurbishment in 2018 October) is the first of the Jewel-class Norwegian Cruise Lines ships – together with NCL Gem, NCL Jade, NCL Pearl. The NCL Jewel ship is also one of the Norwegian “Nickelodeon” cruise ships – together with the new Breakaway and Getaway, Epic, and Gem.
Norwegian Jewel cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1194 staterooms for 2388 passengers (max capacity is 2866 guests), served by 1100 crew/staff members. NCL Jewel ship has a total of 20 onboard dining options, with 13 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools and 7 jacuzzies, 12 elevators.
NCL Jewel deck plan changes 2014 refurbishment review
The list of deck plan changes after the 2014 drydock refurbishment (May 3-17) includes:
- renovation of all Penthouse Suites, and of the Horizon and Spinnaker lounges, Casino and Photo Gallery updates
- new custom-made furnishings
- (Deck 8) added “O’Sheehan’s Neighbourhood Bar & Grill” (fast food complimentary dining venue)
- (Deck 13) relocated Moderno Churrascaria (steakhouse), with the new Sugarcane Mojito Bar added
- (Deck 7) Carlo’s Bake Shop added in Java Cafe
- (Decks 11 and 12) new furniture in relaxation areas
- changed wall coverings, new lighting, carpeting and flooring throughout public areas
- windows were replaced, galley areas were upgraded, pool deck 12 was updated
- digital signage (interactive touchscreen terminals allow passengers to order items, get directions around the ship and also to make dining and shore excursions reservations using only their cabin key)
- Dry-dock technical enhancements:
- Azipod upgrade, stabilizers maintenance, shorepower connectivity
- new exhaust gas scrubbers were installed reducing fuel emissions and energy consumption
- hull was painted with a new type silicone paint improving fuel efficiency
- safety updates: upgraded lifeboat/tender boats release system; ballast and bilge piping replacement.
The ship's next scheduled refurbishment is in October 2018 (Singapore) by the "Norwegian Edge" fleet revitalization program.
NCL Jewel cruise ship Internet
By July 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line quadrupled its shipboard Wi-Fi bandwidth on all ships. The new high-speed internet service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology allows shipwide Wi-Fi coverage and high-speed Internet access both in ports of call and at open sea. The increased download and upload speeds allow fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures and videos, also video chatting (incl FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), as well as checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The bandwidth upgrade is part of a long term partnership between NCLH and EMC Corporation (aka EMC2).
- The EMC’s enhanced version of the patented SpeedNet technology (browser plug-in) provides its users with the fastest satellite Internet browsing at sea. This new technology solves the Satellite Latency problem (delay of the signal) by storing the most popular websites content (latest versions) and distributing it “off line”. SpeedNet is compatible with all web browsers.
- Along with the new hardware (satellite dishes, servers) and SpeedNet software, a new end-user web portal was also installed allowing enhanced entertainment options. Among those are pay-per-view events (like NFL games, on-demand movies) delivered to mobile devices. The shoreside connectivity was also increased.
- Unlimited Internet packages were introduced after implementing the new EMC equipment.
NCL Jewel Internet packages cost
Currently, Norwegian Jewel offers the following time plans (cruise ship Internet packages).
- Plan TPS60 (90 min) costs USD 39.
- Plan TP100 (100 min) costs USD 75.
- Plan TP250 (250 min) costs USD 125.
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 30 per day price (available on itineraries 1-12 days in length).
- Plan UCP (unlimited) costs USD 25 per day price (available on itineraries 13-days or longer).
Norwegian Jewel deck plans are property of Norwegian Cruise Line. All deck layouts are for informational purposes only and CruiseMapper is not responsible for their accuracy.