Ilulissat is a port town in western Greenland, located approx 350 km (220 ml) north of the Arctic Circle. The town has population of around 5,000, ranking it the the Greenland's 3rd-largest - after Nuuk and Sisimiut. Almost as many as the people are the sled-dogs.
- The Ilulissat Icefjord (an UNESCO World Heritage Site) makes Ilulissat a popular cruise ship and tourist destination. The Ilulissat Icefjord features pure white icebergs. Another major attraction is the enormous Disco Bay.
- Ilulissat Airport is located approx 3 km (1,8 ml) northeast of the city centre. It was built in 1983 to serve Ilulissat with connections to other towns in mid- and northwest Greenland via the domestic airline Air Greenland. Since 2011, the airline Air Iceland offers flights from Ilulissat to Reykjavík Iceland.
Ilulissat Greenland was included as port of call in the Northwest Passage cruises of the following passenger ships:
- Crystal Serenity - 32-days itinerary from Seward Alaska to NYC New York (2016 - August 16 to September 16)
- Crystal Serenity - 32-days itinerary 32-days Seward to New York City (2017 - August 15 to September 15)
- Note: All Northwest Passage ship transits are assisted by a Canadian icebreaker or other vessel with an ice-strengthened hull.
Highlights: Town, Knud Rasmussen Museum, Sermeq Kujalleq glacier
The Ilulissat cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Ilulissat, Greenland.
If you lose the Ilulissat location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Ilulissat cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Ilulissat, Greenland. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
23 July, 2017
26 July, 2017